close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

winchester 571

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by hdbob, Jan 14, 2010.

1. hdbob

hdbob

Nov 8, 2009
    Anyone with an old manual that can tell me the recipe for a 185 gr LSWC 45acp and a 230 lrn..

and for a 9mm in 125 gr lead Rn

2. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

Jun 12, 2002
    North Carolina
    Win 571 is HS7. By the way, it is discontinued. I used it in 357 mag and 40SW and It is the only powder I've used that I can actually say I don't like. It sucked in fact. In 357 mag using max loads it barely exceeded 38spl velocities and burned filthy. The data was too light apparently. In 40 SW I got the same velocity as Bullseye and it is the only time I have ever gotten the "Glock Bulge". I was given a can of it and was glad when I used the last of it up.

It is probably better suited for your 9mm loads since they run at a higher pressure.

3. hdbob

hdbob

Nov 8, 2009
    You know I loaded some and tried them, and I dont know if I will use more... ITS REALLY Filthy

4. stengun

stengun

Nov 20, 2004
    Bugtussell, AR
    Howdy,

I have some 571 and I really like it. I was sad to hear that they stopped making it.

It is a good max power pistol powder for the 9mm and 40cal.

Paul

5. hdbob

hdbob

Nov 8, 2009
    Whats the charge for 125 gr lead round nose..9MM??

6. 1006

Aug 12, 2007
    Newnan, Georgia
    I would start at 8.0 grains HS-7(W571) and work my way up.

I had bad luck with this powder in my 357. It was very week. The 9mm may be even more problematic in that you can't put much crimp on a 9mm.
    Slow powders generally need a heavy crimp.
    HS-6 seems to be more popular.