close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

winchester 1300 defender

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by jwitagauge, Feb 25, 2010.

1. jwitagauge

jwitagauge

Oct 5, 2009
    anyone have or shot one of these am looking at getting one maybe your thoughts?

2. Meat-Hook

Meat-Hook

Mar 13, 2002
    Yup!

love mine. Lightning-fast bolt/action. Since Winchester went out of business in 2006, repair parts may not be that easy to come by if something breaks.

If the price is good, get it.
    [​IMG]

3. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

Jan 23, 2010
    Shreveport, La.
    I've had an all black Defender since about 2001, and it is My favorite pump gun that I have... The action is super fast, it cycles rearward on it's own accord and all the shooter has to do it push it back foreward... Once You get that pattern down slick, it's really fast for a non-auto... Very dependable action also, I've yet to have even the slightest hiccup... I love mine, and will by another if a decent deal presents itself... Mine is plain Jane with synthetic stocks, the only thing "dressed" about mine is a factory fiber optic green front sight... I like My scatter guns slick, and dressed down...

4. I've never had any issues with mine. It's ultra smooth and reliable.

5. vista461

vista461

Jul 10, 2006
    S.E. WI
    Have had mine since the mid 90's. I now have a hogue overmolded stock set on it.
    [​IMG]

6. 2afreedom

2afreedom

May 6, 2007
    The South
    I don't have the defender model but my 1300 is my go to hunting or skeet busting shotgun. IMO it is much smoother than an 870 or 500 (which I also own). These are great shotguns that get very little respect.

7. K.Kiser

K.Kiser

Jan 23, 2010
    Shreveport, La.
    True, true... I have both other guns You mentioned and the 1300 is superior IMO... I also have a Browning BPS, it's comparable in slickness to the 1300...

8. Ljay

Ljay Micky's Packin

Nov 2, 2006
    Ohio
    What is the difference in the 1200 Vs the 1300, I have seen model 1200 defenders that look the same as the 1300

Anyway I want like this, Then put a screw in choke in it.

Like I need another shotgun,:crazy:

[​IMG]

9. mitchshrader

mitchshrader Deceased

Jun 14, 2005
    Tulsa
    The winchester 1300 is the only shotgun that shoots Aguila mini shells out of the box.

Try some of those combo loads. Makes your 7 shooter a 10 shooter, and ever so sensible for a house gun. Cheaper training, too.

10. I have a FN Police pump which is basically a 1300 and as others have said the action is smooth and fast, much more so than my buddy's Mossberg.
    Its been %100 reliable so far.