close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Wilson Prof. SG off to Robar

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by drc767, Jan 27, 2010.

1. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    Well, I may regret this later, but I sent off my Wilson Combat Bobtail Professional Supergrade to Robar to get their new NP3 Plus treatment. I would imagine this would make some people wonder what the hell I am doing, but it has some pretty good scratches in the Armor Tuff from when I dropped it on my driveway a couple weeks ago after shooting. I replaced the safety that was broken during the accident, but the scratches in the finish have been driving me crazy. I really like the NP3 for a carry piece and I do carry this pistol so I figured "what the hell". I saw that Robar has the new NP3 Plus treatement that they have just started offering and wanted to give it a shot. I will post some pics when I get it back. Here is a link to the new NP3.....Looks pretty good to me.

http://www.robarguns.com/NP3PLUSlowres-V05.pdf

2. Substance-P

Substance-P Member

Jan 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I am glad you are doing this because I want to hear about your experience with it. Looking forward to pics.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    Love the NP3,....... what kind of turn around are you looking at?

4. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    4-6 weeks....The pistols I have had done there in the past have always been delivered when promised. I am very curious to see how the SG comes out. Should be pretty different......;)

5. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Should be a dream gun, although it really already was. Look forward to seeing it and hearing your feedback.

6. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    OM....Is that your GSD in your avitar? I have a 3 year old that is the best GSD I have ever had. Yours and mine could be related. Very similar facial features.

7. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Yup. I'd guess your's is Czech bloodlines then. Baron is beyond outstanding. Literally utterly fearless yet not the slightest bit aggressive. Just don't move aggressively towards Mrs. OM or me 'cause he won't allow that. Off-the-chart drive, and he wants to please. I need to find a female as I really want a pup from him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    Not to turn this into a GSD discussion, but you sure do have some absolutely beautiful examples. Mine has German bloodlines on his mother's side and Hungarian on his fathers. His father is a working K-9 in the Chattanooga PD and here is a quote from the breeder on his mother's bloodline...."Nissa is 1/2 DDR bloodlines her Mother is 100 % DDR, Nissa is a Stormfront's Brawnson grandaughter. Stormfront's Brawnson was a Working dual purpose patrol/narcotics SWAT team K9. His titles include a SchH3, IPO3, FH, DPO2, WPO, Kkl.2. There is a very nice write up from someone who has actually worked this dog on the following website. Vonforell.com. Brawnson lived out in final days in Europe with Eurosport K9 Training." My dog is very social, has strong drives and is about as protective as he can be with my wife and I.....I couldn't ask for more in a dog.

P.S. Sorry for the hijack about the dogs, but I am all about the GSD's......

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Handsome fella'. And will continue to become even more so. The males look their best (IMHO) at 5-9 years old, especially if they work out regularly. That muscular look and lion-like neck. Yeah, I can get carried away too. Do him a favor and change up the proteins every 6 to 8 months or so to lesson the likelihood of allergies.

10. Officer's Match

Officer's Match S.R.D. v

Jun 22, 2007
    Lancaster, Ohio
    Yep, I'd say Nissa is the Super Grade. :supergrin:

11. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    I'm pretty happy with her "little" boy....:)

12. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    I love NP3.

Looking forward to some pics. :)

13. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Jan 1, 2010
    A cat box in WA
    [​IMG]
    Good lookin Dog:wavey:

Can't wait to see picks of the Wilson

14. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    Great looking dogs. Interesting bloodlines - the Deutsche Demokratische Republik (DDR) ceased to be on 3 October 1990 with the unification of Germany. I was living in the Bundesrepublik Deutschland or Federal Republic Germany at the time.

DRC767 - Please post pictures of your pistol with the NP3 Plus treatment as soon as you get it back - I bet it's going to look great!

15. Wade-19

Wade-19

Sep 24, 2007
    St. Louis
    So, the NP3 is available now ? The web-site says mid Feb. I was going to send a gun to them 2 weeks ago, but they said the NP3 was not available.

16. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    I talked to Debbie yesterday and she told me they were doing their first run this week. My SG is enroute right now.....should be there in a couple hours. I was told 4-6 week turnaround.

17. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.