close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Wilson Combat/Springfield Armory.

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by okie, Jun 15, 2011.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    I had put a Wilson Combat extended slide stop on the Springfield Loaded pistol I had, and it was very tight putting it in. Yesterday I called Wilson Combat and asked them what the chance would be if I ordered another slide stop would it fit just as tight(I sadly let that slide stop go with the Loaded model:upeyes:) The cat at Wilson said that Springfield uses Wilson slide stops on some of their pistols. I did not know that:supergrin:

2. A nicely fitted slide stop is actually pretty critical to help with barrel lock up. The optimal diameter is 0.200". Some slide stop are make oversize so they can be fitted to the hole of the frame and the link of the barrel.

The ones on both of my SA's were smaller than optimal. I had replaced one of them with a 10-8 and it's helping with a better grouping.

3. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    I didn't know that my friend:thumbsup:

4. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Yeah, my Dan Wesson's slide stop is very tight, too. It's made by Ed Brown, but, it shoots really small groups :)

deadite

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  5. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan
    Yeah, the slide stop on my TRP is pretty tight as well. It takes a little work to get it out. I like the one on my Mil-spec, as it just slides out nice and easy.