Wilson Combat 1911?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by omarimoe, Apr 4, 2012.

1. so ive been looking into buying a 1911 for a while and i like to buy quality equipment/firearms plus i love the way the Wilson combats look. dose anybody on here have any experience with them, ive heard nothing but great things about their guns. im looking at their QCB lightrail lightweight compact in either 40 or 9mm for a carry gun.

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Wilson is most likely the top overall rated 1911 manufacturer at this time.
    Quality, manufacturer support & customer support are 1st rate!

#2 faawrenchbndr, Apr 4, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2012
  3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I agree and for 9mm this is the one I'd want but for carry I'd go with your choice in 9mm.

wilsoncombat.com/new/handgun-spec-ops-9.asp

[​IMG]

:50cal:

#3 TSAX, Apr 4, 2012
  4. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

I carry a Wilson and like it just fine. Whatever Wilson you decide upon will be good to go. I think a lightweight compact 9 or 45 without the light rail would be sweet. I have no problem with a rail, I just wouldn't want one on a IWB/concealed carry gun.

MF

5. Anything Wilson Combat is the absolute best when it comes to 1911's.

#5 Lowjiber, Apr 4, 2012

6. I agree but you certainly pay for it.

7. faawrenchbndr

CLM

Very much so,........

8. What they said. I've got a couple and love them.

9. You MIGHT want to try to reconsider a compact 1911 with a rail for carry. You will have a fun time waiting for a quality holster to be made, that's for sure. Unless of course this gun is being used for home defense also.

10. i really dont mind the price as long as it is truly some of the best equipment money can buy.

11. faawrenchbndr

CLM

Wilson is the shiznits!

12. There is a reason Wilson Combat pistols are expensive. If you need a 1911 you can bet your life on you can't do better as long as you select the right one*.

* - Don't buy a "race gun" and expect it to do the job of a combat pistol.

13. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

I just ordered a set of WC springs for my ATI, guess we'll see just how good they are. I normally go Wolff but Midway was out of stock on the ones I wanted so I went with Wilson Combat instead. :tongueout:(Ya'll do remember the story about Rock Soup, right?)
    I'd call em' up and talk with someone about your needs. A Race Gun is set up very differently then a Combat Gun, don't know if I'd want to stake my life on a Race Gun. They can be picky about ammo and dirt. Combat Guns are set up to be way more reliable. From everything I've read Wilson is top notch but like others have said, you'll pay for it.
    If you like to tinker with your guns, like I do, then you don't want a $3000 gun to play with but if you want something that'll run out of the box and that you won't have to tinker with then WC(or any of the other high end brands) would be the way to go if you an afford it.

14. I have a CQB elite and love it. I own, have owned and shot some very high end pistols but I feel my Wilson is the best of the best.

Doyle

15. Just curious as to why you guys are babbling about race guns? 99% of what Wilson does, has nothing to do with a "race gun" platform. STI and SVI maybe..... but Wilson?

#15 MD357, Apr 4, 2012
  16. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

LOL, the name of the Company IS Wilson COMBAT. Good point. :supergrin:

17. faawrenchbndr

CLM

Gotta consider the source,......babbling is an understatement! :whistling:

18. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero
    CLM

Here's mine:

[​IMG]

19. faawrenchbndr

CLM

Jtull7,

Love the grips,.........details please, Sir?!

20. I have a WC CQB in 9mm and it really is an awesome pistol. Yes, you pay for it but you get top-notch work and materials. I've never had a hiccup with my pistol and the trigger feels great.

If you miss a shot with a Wilson Combat, it's the musician and not the instrument.