close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Will Profiteers Be Left Holding The Bag?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by 390ish, Feb 5, 2013.

1. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    Investment always carries some risk. Investors built this country, though, so I wouldn't knock it.

2. I don't see ammo prices and /or supply returning to normal for a long time, I would assume the recent events would cause many non-hoarders to rethink how much ammo they should stock.

I've been proudly hoarding since 1994, as a result I have no shortage of ammo, magazines, or EBR's.

3. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

Jan 9, 2002
    Outside the perimeter
    No more so than shopping at Big Lots.

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Bingo.. I've got my "AR15 fund".. ready and willing when I see the right deal... I'm anticipating probably June/July.

IGF

5. SavageDragon

SavageDragon

Jun 16, 2003
    Charlotte NC
    I don't understand why anyone feels like they're entitled to someone else's property for less than what it's worth.

6. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I don't think anyone does. The real issue is.. "what it's worth" is going to likely drop dramatically after this AWB scare blows over.... Thus the people that went out and maxed out a credit card and bought 3-4 AR's, tons of mags, etc..... well, they're gonna have to start paying bills.

IGF

7. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior Am Yisrael Chai CLM

Jan 12, 2007
    the narrow way
    Lately, you've been getting a LOT of mileage out of that single post. :supergrin:

8. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

I will refrain from commenting about shopping at big lots

9. uptomyneck

uptomyneck

Apr 7, 2012
    You're such an embarrassement to the State of Texas. We'd be better off if you just fell off the planet.

10. FCastle88

FCastle88

Sep 24, 2009
    PA
    No one is saying that, when demand goes down and supply is up, it's worth less. Stuff isn't always worth whatever someone paid for it. I've seen some ads on various gun classifieds before the market went crazy where the seller bought a gun new, decided they didn't like it, then flat out said that that they overpaid and the same gun new from a dealer would cost a couple hundred dollars less. However, they still think they're entitled to get back what they paid, so they want exactly what they paid for it, even though they admit they got ripped off and it's now a used gun. That's just not how it works.

11. Thornhammer

Thornhammer

Dec 19, 2012
    Maybe the high cap mag ban Colorado is working on? I'm guessing Magpul would not want to give up that portion of its business and would move, which would slow things down for a bit.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

12. Thornhammer

Thornhammer

Dec 19, 2012
    I suppose there are other ways around the ban without moving, so maybe that isn't it.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    it will be a long long long time before I am comfortable with parting with anything I've been able to put my hands on. anything I have today could banned tomorrow if there is another school shooting. I'll bet there are now a ton of people with the same attitude as me.
    Sandy Hook showed us that we could lose our gun rights at any moment.

14. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    Thread drift alert!

Where do you use that 460 Weaterby, Gallium?

15. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    i think in the end, the bottom will drop out, and they won't make what they are expecting.

they'll make a few bucks in the end....they won't be able to retire like they seem to think they will.

16. Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

Aug 5, 2012
    Prices are already starting to drop. I was at the Dulles show this weekend and there were ARs everywhere but no one was buying. It will take a while longer for the sellers to accept the fact that their prices are unrealistic now that the consensus is that there will not be an assault weapons ban.