close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Will I need a stronger mag spring with the Plus 2 Extensions?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GLOKINATOR, Nov 8, 2012.

1. GLOKINATOR

GLOKINATOR

Oct 21, 2012
    Want to add the +2 Mag Extensions on a few G20 Mags...will it still be ok to use the factory springs or should I order some stronger/longer ones now? (who sells the better ones?)

2. firstg19

firstg19

Apr 4, 2008
    I'm pretty sure glock doesn't make +2's for the G20, so I'm assuming you are using an aftermarket plus 2. I'm sure others will chime in, but if it were me and for the price of wolff springs, I'd probably pick up a few of their +10% springs and just swap them out for piece of mind.

3. firstg19

firstg19

Apr 4, 2008
    although, you may want to try them with the springs you have first...once problem I've noticed weak springs cause at least in HK's is that on the last round, the empty mag will not lock back everytime when the spring starts wearing out. This might be something to look for in your glock as well...although Hk's design might be slightly different..I've never had a glock magazine spring wear out on me.

4. AR15 guy

AR15 guy

Feb 26, 2005
    WV
    When I installed +2s on three g19 magazines I was having stovepipe issues on the last round.

So in my case I need stronger springs. YMMV

I wonder if I could use a g17 spring in my g19 mags that have extensions?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  5. Z71bill

Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
    Texas
    Get the stronger springs - it increases the chance the floor plate will pop off and dump the rounds, spring & follower on your feet in the middle of a gun fight.

:whistling: