close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Will an AWB ban AR accessories?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by arnettjd10, Feb 4, 2013.

1. arnettjd10

arnettjd10
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering do you guys know if anything has been brought up in congress that would ban things like red dot optics and AR rails like the Troy Alpha rail? these are things i plan on buying in the future and im wondering should i take out a small loan to get my 2 ARs layed out how i want them or would waiting 3 or 4 months be a big deal. Im a college student and work a minimum wage job, its pretty difficult to save up money right now.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. pgg00

pgg00
    Expand Collapse

I know the one by fienstien would ban certain items such as foregrips, flash suppressors, pistol grips etc. lets hope it doesn't pass.

#2 pgg00, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  3. EODLRD

EODLRD
    Expand Collapse
    AF Veteran

Last thing I would tell someone to do is take out a loan to purchase firearms or accessories. That is just not financially responsible.

Your time and effort would be better spent fighting these proposed laws and buying what you can, when you can.

Despite how much we all love our hobby, life goes on. No reason to make bad life decisions just to possess a material object.

4. cysoto

cysoto
    Expand Collapse
    Gone Shooting!

[​IMG]

5. Roger1079

Roger1079
    Expand Collapse

I have to agree here. Just buy the stuff as you can.

6. stooxie

stooxie
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

:goodpost:

-Stooxie

7. plainsman

plainsman
    Expand Collapse

What can congess do? They wiped out American Indian tribes, banned alcohol, put Japanese/American citizens in internment camps in WW 2, etc.

Naw you should be fine with gun controls, ask any New Yorker!

8. Burns

Burns
    Expand Collapse

nice.

9. shotgunred

shotgunred
    Expand Collapse
    reloading nut

No federal AWB will pass at this time.

10. Jim85IROC

Jim85IROC
    Expand Collapse

Even if the ban were to go through, wouldn't it ban the sale of guns with that stuff? I would think it would still be legal to buy that stuff for guns made before the ban.

11. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts
    Expand Collapse
    Brew Crew

There will be no ban on that level.

Lets assume a ban passes. The one before allowed stock created before the ban to be sold. Then there are the marketers who circumvented the ban with altered products. Then there was the sale of items made before the ban. Then the are black market sales, which occur now in spite of law, then there are home made items, then there are home made items sold, then....

Laws don't stop needs, desires, wants, etc.

Pot is illegal, can you buy pot?

It is illegal to copy DVD's, can you buy bootlegged DVD's?

The highway speed limit here is 55 mph, does everyone drive 55?

12. DAIadvisor

DAIadvisor
    Expand Collapse

I don't think they can "BAN" accessories, but there might be a law preventing you from putting them on. During the last one, for example - you could buy flash hiders, but couldn't put them on post-ban rifles. Or they might say that if you have a rail on the front of your rifle, it's now an "assault rifle". Having said that, I've never EVER heard of anyone being "checked" to see if their rifle was pre or post ban, or import parts count compliant.

13. Ruggles

Ruggles
    Expand Collapse

I can not imagine any type of optic being banned. Too many uses outside of "assault" weapons.

I really don't see anything coming nationwide. The states doing this mess right now like NY are not going to influence the nation debate. Way too many pro gun states to allow that to occur.

I would not worry about draining yourself now to buy anything AR related. This mess will end this year and supplies of all things AR related will be back on shelves.