close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Wichita, Open Carry Legal

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by A Fat Idiott, Jul 12, 2012.

1. A Fat Idiott

A Fat Idiott

May 3, 2012
  2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Hmm, that would be an interesting law to read. What if a gun doesn't have an external safety? What if like a Glock, the "external safety" (ie, the one on the trigger) is passive? What about a XD, which only has a grip safety? What if you consider your gun carried "on safe" because you don't have mush between your ears and know not to pull the trigger?

Seems kind of a ridiculous requirement, and I'm guessing it will get some folks in trouble.

3. rvrctyrngr

rvrctyrngr Senior Moment

Sep 15, 2004
    Gator Nation
    Interesting. Guess no one can OC a revolver.

Idjits.

4. Do keep in mind that laws are written and passed mostly by lawyers... who more often than not have very limited knowledge of firearms.

5. tomcon

tomcon

Aug 18, 2005
    Indiana
    I think they knew exactly what they were doing. Complying with the AG's ruling and still finding a way to inconvenience anyone open carrying.
    I know, pretty cynical.

6. Bananas

Bananas

Feb 23, 2012
    Living in Wichita, I probably won't OC, but this at least makes it VIABLE. Previously the law in Wichita was that you could OC with an EMPTY gun... with a mag or speedloader in your pocket! :rofl:

That, thankfully, didn't last long.