close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

WI: Customer fires at two robbers - now ordered to meet with DA

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by RussP, Feb 1, 2012.

1. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2012
  2. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Now there's a person who actually lived "Better tried by 12 than carried by 6"

Stay tuned to see how this exciting episode turns out :supergrin:

4. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Most of what I'm reading (granted, it's peoples postings and responses to that article) seems to suggest this is a civil infraction w/ a fine of up to 1k.

IGF

5. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

Jan 17, 2005
    Eagan, MN
    IGF that is my understanding as well, although it is possible they would attempt to revoke his permit because of this.

6. Aldi?

An Aldi recently opened near my parent's house. I've never been there but my parents have and were not impressed with what were on the shelves.

I'll stop by this week after visiting my parents and see if this store has a "No Guns" sign.

7. windplex

windplex

Aug 2, 2005
    Milwaukee
    same company as trader joe's

we in WI are watching this with great interest.

8. OK, my parents told me they were a Germany company, selling mostly European products.

I figured European management = anti gun.

9. Mudshark100

Mudshark100

Jan 31, 2011
    Greenville, SC
    My local Aldis has no signs.

10. if the store management has a concious, maybe they will rethink their policy:whistling:

11. KingWalleye

KingWalleye

Jan 6, 2011
    I hope the good guy was smart enough to "lawyer up" before meeting with the DA's office.

12. The ant-gun and anti-CC will try to hang him, especially for firing at the poor misguided youth. The media in Green Bay is already trying to make it sound that soon the streets will be running red in blood. I know a guy with has a son who is deputy in the southeast WI. His son said anyone caught violating the signs would be thrown in jail. Some areas of WI feel protecting yourself is a crime. I should also say DOJ and training material has stressed not to use deadly force for only property protection. Inside a vehicle or home is different due to castle law.

13. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    Anybody have any idea how much "lawyering up" might cost?

14. Mister_Beefy

Mister_Beefy Legal & Proper

Apr 19, 2011
    I hope the case is dismissed, and if not he gets the lightest sentence possible.

15. TDC20

TDC20

Apr 11, 2011
    I sure hope if the DA tries to hang him, the good people of Wisconsin see to it that this DA is no longer employed by the people, and that he has to go back to his previous life chasing ambulances.

16. huggytree

huggytree

Nov 9, 2011
    when will people figure out that a NO Firearms sign = rob me i wont resist

i do not go into any business that has a sign unless i have no other options

the bad guys were pointing a gun at people...his shooting was justified........i think they should fine him $100 for carrying in a NO Carry business and call it even.....he's a hero! and maybe saved lives.....

17. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    It's a shame that a store that is against concealed carry got the benefit of a customer carrying concealed. Of course, both him and the employees may have been in danger, so it's not like he clearly had a choice.

Seems to me Wisconsin allows open carry, so if he claims he uncovered his gun when he went in, he's good to go...or if he remains silent.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2012
  18. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

Jan 17, 2005
    Eagan, MN
    Yet another reason why it's important to contact those businesses that do post and have a conversation with them or their corporate headquarters. To the best of my knowledge Aldi's are not posted in MN or IN, which would lead me to question why this one is in WI. At the minimum this guy is going to be fined $1000 with a possiblity of going to prison, all because he disregarded the law and carried where he wasn't supposed to.

19. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    Here in TN, while it is a misdemeanor to carry past a no guns sign, there is also a law that if you have to use a gun to protect yourself, you won't be charged with carrying in a prohibited place.

20. Depending upon how far you have to take it costs.could easily be $20,000-$50,000 decent attorney will run you $300 per hour so just a trip to.the da's office will be at least $1,500.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine