close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

WI- Activist's civil rights complaint over gun arrests thrown out

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by TBO, Feb 11, 2012.

1. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

2. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Look for attention. Get attention. Don't complain. But it should be noted that, while having some parallels with OC "activists" in general, this guy was hardly representative of permitees as a whole.

3. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    isn't this the same guy that after he shot two guys decided to exercise his fifth amendment rights and refused to give a statement to the police or take the stand to testify in his own defense? and ended up getting sentenced to 20 years in prison.

4. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Yes, but I haven't read whether he refused to take the stand or was advised not to.

5. Dragoon44

Dragoon44 Unfair Facist Lifetime Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Either way it is hard to claim self defense and have a jury believe you when you refuse to tell your side of the story.

6. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Yep, very true.

7. Don't talk to the police, don't talk to the jury, don't talk to the prison guard. :rofl:

8. For most defendants on trial claiming a "self defense" defense, actually going on the witness stand and testifying can be a dangerous thing. Not only because their story may fall apart, but their presence on the witness stand may give jurors negative impressions of one kind or another.

From what I remember of Gonzalez and the incident, I wouldn't let him on the stand.