WHY We Need To Be Aggresive

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by seanmac45, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Brothers,

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47001462/ns/us_news-the_new_york_times/#.T4Qm4tXrR8E

I'm retired now, and the way I did business on the streets is not politically correct any more. I can understand why some of you are concerned about litigation and Internal Affairs. It's a tough, second guessing arena out there today. BUT if I were to put a uniform on again tomorrow my style would not change one iota.

I started every single contact with Sir or Ma'am until given a reason to do otherwise. You were afforded the opportunity to go into cuffs peacefully ONCE. After that it was hammer time.

Niccolo Machiavelli was a man ahead of his time. From this arises the question whether it is better to be loved rather than feared, or feared rather than loved. It might perhaps be answered that we should wish to be both: but since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.

It's not a kinder, safer society out there no matter what the major crime indexes would lead you to believe. Hidden within those falling crime stats are WAY too many Officer deaths and critical injuries.

Don't worry about the Kenpo's of the world. THEY don't do the job. YOU do and you have every right to go home to your family at the end of the day that every other person in this country possesses.

Don't become a statistic. Do everything you can to go home at the end of your shift. When it's time to go hands on GO FULL THROTTLE. Anything less is a disservice to those who love you.

Stay Safe,

Sean

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Need 23 slide refinished, ideas? General Glocking Wednesday at 10:43 PM
    Need advice on a trade from you AR guys Black Rifle Forum Wednesday at 8:20 AM
    In need of a Glock 19 gen4 in od green Smart Shopper Wednesday at 7:23 AM
    Need some scheduling software for a Range/Training facility Tech Talk Tuesday at 10:43 AM
    Guidance needed The Okie Corral Monday at 2:01 AM

3. indigent

indigent Bamboozled

Well said Sir!!

I happened to glance over the preview of the comments left to the MSNBC article. Those right there should tell you how the public feels....

Circle the wagons boys, it's gonna get worse before it gets better.

4. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Thanks, Seanmac. :thumbsup:

5. c01

c01 Crazy Eye

Those comments are off the hook...yikes.

6. MeefZah

MeefZah Cover is Code 3

You rock brother, well said!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Thanks for the reminder to always be a warrior.

I didnt get past the first 3 or 4 comments. It is always a sad reminder of how much the internet has enabled those who sit in a dark room and hate all that is good, to be able to publicize their hateful rhetoric.

8. Mind if I print that out and put it up in the locker room of the stationhouse?

9. G21FAN

G21FAN Useless loser
    Millennium Member

It is necessary to be aggressive when situations warrant it, but also remember that not all contacts are violent felons. Be polite and respectfull until/if aggression is called for.

Doesn't hurt to call him sir when you are piling on a violent one either...:whistling:

#8 G21FAN, Apr 10, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  10. Good post, and I agree. I tend to have the same attitude and mentality when it comes to this job... I often see guys who are hesitant to react to hooks on the street in a proper way, because administrations, media and society have set a precedent of hanging cops out to dry. Too sad.

11. Well said and an excellent reminder that the important thing is to go home at the end of your shift in the same condition you came to work.....We must do everything in our power to accomplish this......NO MATTER WHAT......

12. I'd be honored if you did, sir.

13. I think I just found my new sig line.

Thanks.

14. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

There has to be a happy medium. We cannot do this job without the support of the public. I am not saying we should cowtoe to their every demand, anyone who has seen my posting history in here knows that. But we have to find common ground with the people we serve.

15. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

You don't have to beat the **** out of everyone you meet to go home safely at night. Wrong attitude. We all want you to return to your family in one piece, but use a fair amount of discretion please. I'm guessing you are fairly new at this, or just still a youngster.

16. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

NO one said that. That is nothing less than hyperbole.

17. Excellent post, sir! Thank you!

Sent from my Calculator.

18. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Well put, Sean.

19. I've read and reread that a couple of times now. Maybe I'm missing where he stated that?

Sean has been retired for several years now, as I recall. Which definately takes him out of the "new" or "youngster" category. :upeyes:

20. Good post Sean.

I had some stuff to add, but there could be an internal so I will keep quiet for now.

21. kayl

Fantastic post!