close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Why was man created in the image of God?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Vic Hays, Feb 10, 2012.

1. God's principles are Love, Truth, and individual liberty.

Because of this individual liberty a very powerful and beautiful angel decided he could give himself a promotion to control of the universe.

God himself was accused of being selfish and domineering. His laws and His principles were accused of being too difficult to keep.

Man was created in the image of God as a spectacle to the universe for God to make His case against the accusations of Lucifer.

Job 1:8 And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
    1:9 Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
    1:10 Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
    1:11 But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.

I Corinthians 4:9 For I think that God hath set forth us the apostles last, as it were appointed to death: for we are made a spectacle unto the world, and to angels, and to men.

2. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    Right. As long as you love (or at least fear) the right god, accept what his priests tell you is the truth and don't try to exercise your liberty in any way that would offend his priests.

Well .......... YEAH!! :upeyes:

Man was supposedly created in the image of a local god, because the folks involved couldn't come up with a better model.

That's what you call a failure of imagination.

3. lomfs24

lomfs24

Apr 19, 2003
    Montana
    Oh, this promises to be a good thread. I will drop in later this afternoon.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. GreenDrake

GreenDrake Rip Lips

Apr 22, 2007
    North Idaho
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEChFDeH7Ig"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEChFDeH7Ig[/ame]

5. Does this mean that you think Jesus was like this? If so then apparently satan's propaganda is working on you.

John 14:9 Jesus said to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how say you then, Show us the Father?

Matthew 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
    11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Perhaps if you so easily offend God's priests you are talking to the wrong ones.

II Corinthians 11:14 And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
    11:15 Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  6. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    When it comes right down to it, the original question, "Why was man created in the image of God", is based on an invalid assumption.

There's a frosted cookie in it for the first one to tell us what that invalid assumption was.

GO!!

7. lomfs24

lomfs24

Apr 19, 2003
    Montana
    I picked this line out of your original post, simply because it doesn't jive with anything that I have been taught before.
    First, let's start with educating me on what accusations these were and secondly when did these accusations come about?

8. lomfs24

lomfs24

Apr 19, 2003
    Montana
    What color is the frosting?

9. (a) Man was "created"?
    (b) God exists?

10. I think the basic principles are Faith, Hope and Love.
    Why is it that people always take "God created man in His own image" out of context? Mayority of people always relate it to the physical, appearance and the discussion always ends talking about aliens!
    In my own opinion, God is made up of three divine entities (God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit). We humans are also made up of three components (flesh, soul, and spirit). I truly believe that our ultimate true identity when all is said and done, is going to be something very siimilar to God's being (Own Image).

11. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    Back when there was only God, there was individual liberty. Once you introduce a second being, that changes.

Looks like a big FAIL for God on that one.

12. Japle

Japle John, Viera, Fl

Feb 26, 2000
    Viera, Florida
    AG wins the cookie!!

It's on my front porch, right next to the ant traps.

13. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    If I was an all knowing, all powerful, perfect God creating a being in my image, it wouldn't have any flaws. It would be perfect.

Man is flawed. So what does that say?

14. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    So that I can understand you better on this, could you provide your definition of "in the image of God".

I think that is a good starting point as my definition may be different than yours.

15. FCoulter

FCoulter

Dec 19, 2011
    You state man was created in the image of God correct? and yet you claim Jesus is God correct? and yet you claim Jesus was Michael the archangel correct?

So basically then you are saying man was created in the image of a angel.

Correct me if I am wrong am I on the right tract with your beliefs?

16. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

For what it's worth I think Genesis 1 man is not the same as Spirit-breathed Adam of Gen. 2. I think the fallen angels (Annunaki, etc) created a human-like race, but they were dumb and for mining gold here on earth, after all the Lord told Adam to replenish the earth, and you can't replenish something if there wasn't something there to begin with. Adam was created in God's image.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  17. If you were taught the Truth you would probably know that it is God that is on trial not man.

1. We know that satan is the accuser. He accused Job of selfishness didn't he?
    he said that Job would curse God if God didn't give him blessings. Job was made in the image of God and God even recommended Job to satan.

Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

2. These accusations were from the beginning. I think the beginning means creation. Obviously a third of the angels believed them and were cast out of heaven with Lucifer.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Revelation 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

18. The image of God is not necessarily physical. It was not Jesus physical attributes that made Him Wonderful.

Hebrews 1:3 Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;

19. It only appears to be a fail because Adam lost the image of God and became like satan, selfish and devious.

The fall into sin was one of the first evidences of satans methods failing. satan deceived Eve, Eve did not believe the Truth and sin resulted in Adam and Eve's death. If God's principles had been adhered to satan would have been defeated in the Garden of Eden.

20. You are not a man?