Why some Atheists post here.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Japle, Dec 2, 2012.

1. There are some who say we currently aren't living in the reality that we think we are.

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

So now the Lutherans want to kill me? Sorry but somehow that just doesn't strike fear into my heart.

What was someone saying about reality?

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

#82 happyguy, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  3. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Oh come on JB! They are just trying to help us. They have our best interests at heart and they just want us to find enlightenment too!

Regards,

4. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

That's right. Christians are organizing as I type this and we are going to hunt you down and find you. And when we do we are going to ...uh...um...shower you with brotherly love? :dunno:

I'm not sure but you better be scared buddy!

Regards,

#84 happyguy, Dec 2, 2012
  5. Christians are more likely to burn atheists at the stake for being heretics, than they ever are to actually accept them.

6. It says something about religion. That the belief that an invisible man in the sky exists and humans somehow speak for it makes sense.

There are a few million dead jews who would probably would disagree with you.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

#86 RyanBDawg, Dec 2, 2012
  7. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

He essentially said working class Southerners are stupid. Do you not agree that is elitist?

Regards,

8. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

No, it says something about Martin Luther. All the conclusions you draw about religion from that blurb are just simplistic extrapolations.

Regards,

9. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

What belief have I posted that a few million dead Jews disagree with?

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy:)

10. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

You better hide buddy, I hear the Mennonites are after you. Maybe you should get some asbestos underwear. :tinfoil:

Do you seriously not understand how stupid your posts are?

Regards,

#90 happyguy, Dec 2, 2012
  11. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

So I ask you to back up a comment that you made by providing examples and now I'm not fit to interact with?

And all that "once great nation, god have mercy" garbage just really makes me :supergrin:

That's how I know the change is getting to you much more than your resistance to it is getting to me.

12. Oh so my posts are stupid? At least I back up what I say, instead of saying something and then dancing around with my fingers in my ears going "LALALALALALA!!!!!" at the top of my lungs to drown out the responses. :tongueout:

13. Thank you for that. It clarifies some of the lingering doubts I had about you.

Put it another way. If you couldn't understand what was said in that post, you should think more and post less.

English

14. Delightful. I am still laughing as I write.

English

15. Here I am having my ignorance exposed again! I have spent more than a few words being grateful to Martin Luther for founding Protestantism since it was that which made freedom possible, and with it atheism without the risk of being executed in varous nasty ways by the state. I supose I should still be grateful, but it remains something of a shock to discover that Hitler was a direct intellectual heir of Luther. If I was not prohibited by my atheist hierarchy on pain of excomunication from saying so, I might comment that God moves in mysterious ways.:supergrin:

English

16. Can I point out that pagans usually believe in some kind of god. Atheism is quite a modern invention and excludes belief in any kind of god.

English

17. This is a debatable point. Christianity has shored up despicable Kings, Princes, Emperors and so on from some time before the year 1,000, which was supposed by them to be the end of the world, to the present day. Only in the last three and a bit centuries did that change in just a few countries. Even then, conquest and slave trading continued with the sanction of the Church. Along the way they have been responsible for urging on interminable wars between Protestant and Catholic nations with their dead or maimed victims littering the centuries. It is fair to say that the Mujslims have done worse at a faster rate, but that is no excuse.

Could you give us a list of the good things that Christianity has done that has been worth all this cost?

English

18. It might just be that it is an issue about religion.

English

19. The term "enlightened" is a strange word to use for atheists. We are, in a way, a creation of the Enlightenment which saw the necessity of separating Church and State, but that is as much a foundation of America as of any other proper secular state. (I exclude things like Communists states which are often described as secular when they are not.) In that sense, at a stretch, we could be called enlightened, but "Englightenment" is usually used to indicate those struck by religion, as with a blinding flash. That is an emotional reaction at a low level of the brain. Atheism is more concerned with the conscious level of the brain.

Just a thought.

English

20. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Irreverent and at times insulting, but as one who has spent time in a very anti Christian country I wouldn't call it bashing. Nobody here is receiving death threats, having their property burned down, having themselves or their family raped, being spat on in public, or having their place of worship torched or sprayed by bullets.

This is nothing more than anonymous rhetoric.