close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why some Atheists post here.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Japle, Dec 2, 2012.

1. muscogee

muscogee
    Expand Collapse

That's a really immature uneducated comment.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

#62 happyguy, Dec 2, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  3. muscogee

muscogee
    Expand Collapse

Name calling? Now who's insulting, criticizing, and demeaning? Where do the scriptures say, "Go ye therefore and call names?"

4. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

Muscogee is :crying:

Sorry but whatever your opinion, my original comment is likely true.

Regards,

#64 happyguy, Dec 2, 2012
  5. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

Nowhere do the scriptures say to be a doormat and if you ever met me you would know that I am not one.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

#65 happyguy, Dec 2, 2012
  6. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

The reason most atheists post here is to put the opposing arguments out there. Talk to any of us and you'll hear a similar story of being raised in some flavor or other of Christianity by people who were very devout and yet their ability to answer some specific questions left much to be desired.

For instance, the outright lies that are constantly told and retold by the YECs about the geological timeline and evolution are finally starting to be recognized as the insanity it is by the mainstream. The creationist "interpretation of the evidence" gets pretty easily exposed as biased nonsense as soon as you get into any real conversation with them.

There are already plenty here that identify as Christians yet they don't feel compelled to deny scientific evidence only because it doesn't jive with the bible. The hardcore hangers on of YEC theory are a lost cause. They don't have the minimum required number of brain cells to rub together and make it click. Those people are not the minds we're out to change here.

Think of it as teaching others how to play chess by first showing them how not to play chess by playing with irritable children that don't understand the rules and constantly flip the board over in frustration. Those that are smart enough to understand that games are won by default as well as checkmate will soon find themselves a bunch of little Bobby Fishers when they realize exactly what a clump of delicate, petulant children they're up against.

7. muscogee

muscogee
    Expand Collapse

It's a bald face lie.

8. muscogee

muscogee
    Expand Collapse

You're obviously very insecure or you would have to boast about you manliness. That's a sign of immaturity. I'm through with children' hour.

9. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

Can you give an example of most atheists here acting like spoiled brats? Then maybe you could answer a long list of very hard questions that the YECs constantly turn tail and run from like...

Well, like spoiled little brats.

10. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

I disagree. Most of the atheists I have known, who are vocal about their beliefs, have an axe to grind.

That seems especially true of the majority that post in this forum.

Regards,

#70 happyguy, Dec 2, 2012
  11. GreenDrake

GreenDrake
    Expand Collapse
    Rip Lips

Many of us are former religious folks. Perhaps it's the desire to help others think critically or to try to understand the dogma we once followed, or to challenge others to question their beliefs. I find the different flavors of christianity fascinating. As a former catholic, I find all organized religion to be pretty much equally mythological.

#71 GreenDrake, Dec 2, 2012
  12. Multiple Arms

Multiple Arms
    Expand Collapse

"There ain'ts nose such things as religions." Skwisgaar Skwigelf

13. Gunhaver

Gunhaver
    Expand Collapse
    the wrong hands

More than you know. Statistically, even.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2010/09/28/survey-atheists-know-more-about-religion-than-believers/

" Why did atheists do so well? The study concluded that those who reject faith often do so after growing up in a religious household, and studying and deliberating keeping the faith. Also, atheists and agnostics tend to be better educated in general. Why did Christians do so poorly? It may be because once someone accepts a faith, they stop examining it."

14. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

A bit off topic but I see your sig line and I see who it quotes. Seems to me like both of you are beneath engaging. So rather than acknowledging you as a human being who is fit to have a discusion with I will simply bid both of you adieu.

You guys really are the lowest common denominator. I personally think the two of you are the epitome of everything that is wrong with this once great nation. May God have mercy on us all.

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy:)

#74 happyguy, Dec 2, 2012
  15. TK-421

TK-421
    Expand Collapse

I just love how you neglect to mention how atheists can't have a thread about why they don't like religion without the resident christians posting crap they know is asinine. :rofl:

16. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

Says the man peeing in the corner. Sorry you feel threatened. Bye, have a good one!

Regards,

#76 happyguy, Dec 2, 2012
  17. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634
    Expand Collapse
    :):

I don't post a lot, (unless CD is spewing his drivel about Atheism.) Maybe the occasional comment here and there when I just can't help myself.

But I lurk, I read most all the threads, and I have a very good reason to do so.

Some folks here........ are insane. Since coming here I've found insane people are highly entertaining.

They're fricken hilarious!

Some of the crud I've seen posted here ( by supposedly rational, educated people living in the most advanced civilization the world has ever known) is simply unbelievable.

And I hope ya'll don't think this place would be a peaceful paradise without the Atheists, thats a laugh. Have you ever read some of these urination matches around here? Not an Atheist in sight and you people squabble like 3 year olds.

Harmless Christians my achin ass!

The Protestants and Catholics were still killing each other in my lifetime, and given enough of a chance and the right circumstances most religions would continue to do so. The only time out they would take is to burn all the Atheists on a cross....upside down. And thats not even a shot at religion.... people kill each other, thats what they do. Religion just seems to be a high ranking reason.

18. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

Atheist Jihad! I love it!

Be careful what you wish for!

Regards,

#78 happyguy, Dec 2, 2012
  19. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

Please explain, how can my opinion be a lie? :dunno:

Regards,

20. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

I'm not disputing the age of the earth or the universe.

But basically what you are saying is, reality is what science says it is?

So if science changes our concept of reality in the future, does that mean you are not currently living in reality?

Regards,