close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Why Romney lost

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ruble Noon, Nov 7, 2012.

1. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009

The idiots who thought there was no difference between the two are in for a rude awakening.

I agree Romney was flawed and I was never entirely happy with him. But he was worlds of difference from Zero.

Wait till O-care arrives tell me how it feels. Sometimes t0 get a mules attention you have to whack him tween the eyes with a 2x4.

The 2x4 is on the way. I promise you.

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Thingsl ike serving your Country if called or Jury Duty

Oh wait, your from the "Me" generation, never mind:upeyes:

I won't even get into being a good citizen and possibily serving/helping your community. You will "debate" that into the ground. Foriegn concepts.

3. Ringo S.

Ringo S.

Jun 12, 2010
    Romney lost because americans became nation of morons. Yes! All of them!
    There is no doubt about Obama voters, all clear about them. But republicans! After 4 years of Obama, less republicans came to vote, then in 2008! After 4 years of Obamanomics!!! And those reasons, why some republicans didn't vote!: "Romney is mormon! Romney is against women(thanks a lot '******mericans!"), Romney is not enough conservative! etc." And because of THAT you prefer enemy of the state in charge of the country?!
    I am sorry(actually, I am not), but until Obama in White house, americans deserve to be called morons. All of them. One spoon of tar spoils barrel of honey. This barrel half full of ****... Bon appetite!

4. iiibbb

iiibbb

Jun 1, 2004
    Virginia
    --this--

5. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Libertarians today won't do those things? That's what you're saying essentially, no?

I thought the "Me" generation would be the generation voting to protect their handouts from Social Security and Medicare. Considering that those two items cost more than 50% of federal revenue and are wrecking the country financially while enslaving unborn generations to debt slavery, wouldn't that be considered selfish?

You have a funny definition of the "Me" generation.

I'm curious why you would say that. Are you one of these Republican statists who can't differentiate between objecting to excess taxation and wealth redistribution, and charitable giving and community service?

6. iiibbb

iiibbb

Jun 1, 2004
    Virginia

SF--- I know we've had some conceptual disagreements over the past 24 hrs, but we are not that far apart... particularly with regards to SS and Medicare.. The people who should lose those benefits are the people who have the legacy of voting in governments that made them too bloated in the first place. As for me... I am not banking on them and have made other arrangements... I've more or less written them off.

7. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Wouldn't GT be boring if we all agreed all the time?

8. I am pro-choice, don't care if gays marry and believe in evolution.

I am also a huge proponent of small and very limited government.

Not every small govt. person is a religious kook....that is utter nonsense.

-brickboy240

9. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012

Nice try at deflecting, Cupcake. When I said many who speak of "liberty" don't mention the responsibility that comes with it you replied.

"I am responsible for myself and my family. What other responsibilites are you referring to? Paying for some old stranger's retirement? "

can't deflect away from the fact you had to be reminded of responsibilities, because you couldn't think of any you felt you had, besides to yourself and your family.

That's pretty plain and obvoius.

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Ok, Fudgesicle, you were speaking of the "Libertarians of today"
    Here, let me quote it for you:

I am not responsible for serving on jury duty or serving in the armed forces. I am legally obligated to do both if called. That is an obligation, not a responsibility.

Again I ask you: As you see it, is one of my responsibilities in exchange for my liberty :upeyes:, to pay for the retirement of some old person I don't know?

Furthermore, if the government can force me to pay for another man's retirement, how can I claim to have liberty?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  11. Pythonman

Pythonman

Jul 30, 2004
    Aint that the truth!

But expecting the people who voted for Zero to understand that it's Zero's fault they're being forced to pay penalties and that their employers no longer offer health care coverage because of Obamacare is probably giving them credit for more brains than they were born with.:cool:

12. tslex

tslex

Aug 1, 2002
    Paradise
    Holy cow. I agree with every word Ruble Noon just wrote.

13. MartinRiggs1987

MartinRiggs1987

Oct 24, 2009
    Indiana
    Half of them are, half of them aren't. When Obama puts your foreign policy into action, it isn't a marketable idea.

14. MartinRiggs1987

MartinRiggs1987

Oct 24, 2009
    Indiana
    The sad thing was I too was nonplussed with Romney. But I continued to pay attention. The man grew as a candidate and a man. He became comfortable enough to reveal a good man and not a negligible copy of Obama. Unfortunately, too many souls flipped the channel and never tuned back. Their mistake and our loss. And people think liberals are the ones who make snap decisions.

15. Romney lost because of the electorial vote.. it can be minipulated... presidential election should be by popular vote.. why is it every other election is decided by popular vote... obama had his czars in place to make sure he won.. so we are stuck with the kenyan negro for another 4 years..
    america as we knew it.. is D.O.A.

16. Stubudd

Stubudd

Nov 4, 2008
    Kennesaw GA
    What in the world does obama have to do with RP on foreign policy. Obama and romney might as well be identical on foreign policy compared to RP. Either you don't know what RP's position is, or you don't know obama's, or more likely, both.

17. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    Well said, OP.

The failure to defeat liberals is mostly about the corruption of true conservatism.

Moralists and Statists have co-opted the Republican party, and created devisive social issues on which to base their platitudes.

The other major factor is that too many of the people of this country believe that the have's should indeed support the have-nots, and that somehow it's OK to abandon the notion that intelligence and hard work are required to reach the pinnacle of that which our culture deems 'success.'

We are becoming lazy, both physically and intellectually,and the the vultures are coming to feed.

We have the answer right in front of us - libertarianism. But we don't want to make the sacrifices as a nation to return to a time when individual rights were sacred, America came first, and the government worked for the People.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  18. maxsnafu

maxsnafu

Dec 29, 2006
    If the Left will keep their morals, such as they are, out of Federal elections, I will keep mine out. But I'm not going to unilaterally disarm--which is what you're calling for.

19. pugman

pugman

May 16, 2003
    Wisconsin
    +1

Paul Ryan is very popular in Wisconsin. He represents District 1. District 1 is home to Janesville, WI - which prior to the GM plant's failure, was a union member's dream. Ryan has been the area's rep for I believe 14 years. Generally speaking, union members vote Democrat.

Its also home to Racine, kenosha and Walworth counties-again areas which have voted Democratic for decades.

The point is they see past the Republican flag he flies and have voted for him as their rep for the past seven elections.

I would love to see Paul Ryan run for president in 2016 if this country still exists by then.

I know myself too well, I know my skeletons...trust me, I'm not anyone's perfect candidate :supergrin:

Romney's loss was predictable; so much so I placed two $500 bets in March O would win. I would have run those numbers up to $5,000 if the other side would have been willing.

Romney's loss was also so blase' I'm surprised they even put his name on the ticket in the end.

Republicans haven't put forth a decent candidate in decades. Romney and McCain were lambs to slaughter?

Romney's loss could be tied to so many issues its hard to pick just one. 1) His complete lack of connection to a huge Hispanic base 2) his inability to keep to his political/personal compass on issues 3) the fact the Republican party is in shambles. The Democrats have mobilized nearly every small group they can and have successfully convinced them to vote for them. Immigrants, seniors, college students, gays, etc. Small groups but combined they have a lot of votes

20. GAFinch

GAFinch

Feb 23, 2009
    Georgia
    The nun bus tour consisted of a whopping two nuns.