close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why NRA ?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by RustyL, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Life member NRA.
    My wife and I have a family membership in the ISRA.
    GOA member.
    I think my membership in JPFO just expired.

2. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    This.

I never did like their attitude toward their members. I dumped them long ago.

NRA

No Real Action.

When other people do all the hard work and get results, the NRA is there just in time to take all the credit.

No thank you.

3. mortpes

mortpes

Oct 1, 2006
    Yes you should support them. Give as much as you can. Your rights are being attacked every day.

4. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Apr 25, 2012
    I just joined tonight, $25 instead of $35 and BassPro is throwing me a $25 gift card for my trouble.

I've been meaning to re-join for awhile.

5. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

When the Brady pukes and other of the enemy camp speak, they speak about the NRA.

So what do you think?

I think we (the NRA) have their undivided attention.

6. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    Thank you and many congrats my friend:patriot:

7. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Do you happen to know why you no longer get bright orange tags on the outside of your luggage when you fly with a firearm? Did you ever wonder who lobbied for there to be a sunset in the Assault Weapon Ban instead of it being permanent from the get-go? Have you considered why there is no permanent 5 day waiting period on all firearm purchases and the instant check became the standard instead?

Yeah, other places (SAF) tend to initiate a lot of the lawsuits but for the lobbying, it's the NRA above and beyond anyone.

Oh yeah, a lot of people got and get down on the NRA for being a Johnny come lately to the McDonald case and some even think the NRA horned in and came close to blowing the case entirely after the SAF started it. One day really read the McDonald findings, all of them, and look at who brought up what arguments (2d amendment, 14th amendment, etc) and what the finding for the defendant actually hinged on. Just to put it out there for consideration, it was the NRA's argument that the majority ruled on, NOT any one else's.

So, yeah, they do stuff. The SAF is excellent for lawsuits and I'll give them money every day of the week but the NRA is the one actually lobbying in the congress as well as the state houses, where the SAF is not. Two organizations that do different things.

8. frizz

frizz

Jul 6, 2012
    I do not deny that the NRA can do some glory-grabbing, but they are not worthless. The lobbying force of the NRA is solid.

9. mike g35

mike g35

Jun 23, 2011
    Charleston W.V.
    The NRA is great and does good work for gun owners and yes I'm a member. But the phone calls, those damn phone calls....it's extremely annoying.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Never gotten a phone call from them. Weird. But then again I did call them and ask to get taken off the fund raising lists.

11. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

Did I already not say this??? :whistling::tongueout:

12. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    Yeah but I was giving specifics :tongueout:

13. RustyL

RustyL

Oct 5, 2012
    Arkansas
    Well I took the plunge and got the Lifetime Membership. The country will be a better place if ours guns rights are kept. Hell I have spent well over a grand on golf balls and jigs in the last 4 years, may as well give them some money....:patriot:

14. PhotoFeller

PhotoFeller

Nov 18, 2010
    SW Florida
    NRA is aggressive in raising funds, and sometimes it seems they ask too often. I honestly believe, however, that NRA is the only effective barrier to losing many/most of our gun rights. NRA is our voice in Washington and state houses. If we weren't too lazy to do the heavy lifting as individuals, the need for NRA might not be so great; but we are lazy and have no organization to apply concentrated leverage. Thus, support NRA or accept the consequences.

I wish you younger guys would consider becoming Lifetime members. I've been renewing on an annual or two-year basis for decades, and now at 72 I'm preparing to become a lifer. It will save NRA member renewal costs, it will be cheaper for you over time, and it makes the organization visibly stronger. Think about it.

15. Welcome to the club RustyL. tom.:welcome:

16. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

The real reason.

17. Providence

Providence

Feb 5, 2011
    Woodstock, GA
    ImageUploadedByOHubCampfire1350270089.405865.jpg I'll admit that things like this issue cover make me smile with hope!

Please vote! It's that important!

18. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

Apr 16, 2001
    North Texas
    Because the NRA is the only heavy weight gun lobby capable of pushing back when the anti gun advocates act up in order to take down the 2A.

The NRA is big enough to develope the political, financial and litigatious force to succeed. All three elements are essential in that regard.

I urge every gun owner to join the NRA to make sure that it remains big.:patriot:

Last edited: Oct 14, 2012
  19. ^ 100%

20. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

Nov 7, 2001
    USA
    There is a telephone number on the back of your card that you can call to end the unsolicited mail.

That said, you are still a whiner that annoys everyone.