Why No Praise for Glock Factory Night Sights?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by hearsedriver, May 16, 2012.

1. I never hear anyone talking/posting about the Glock factory night sights. I am curious is they are as good as others or if there are issues with them. Glockmiester has them for $75.00 which seems like a pretty good price.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Numismatist

Numismatist 5-Stand!

I think the aftermarket folks make better ones at a higher price, just like the Glock tactical light which fares poorly as compared to the Streamlight, etc.

Glock needs to sell guns, so they want lower price points on the accessories so the final bill isn't discouraging, as such, the accessories aren't as well thought out as the aftermarket folks who are solely in the business to sell aftermarket parts.

< imho >

3. I have factory Glock night sights on some of mine I also have other manufactures sights,they all work well. SJ 40

4. I have Glock factory night sights on a number of guns, Meprolights on a number of others. I cant tell the difference between the two when using them.

Its my understanding that Glock will install night sights on your slide for around $55 if you send it in to them. Seems like a pretty god deal to me.

5. Far as i know only meprolight and trijicon are making sights, their product might be marketed by someone else installing their tubes on other bodies. I think Glock sights were both at some point. Likely again soon too.

6. I have glock sightes on mine,And they work fine for me.Its all in what you like.Have a safe night.

7. Well, I ordered a set of them for my 17 and a set of low profile Meps for my 26 , along with the Glockmiester rear sight tool so, I'll let you guys know how I like them when they come in. Thanks

8. I have a set on my G23, good sights!

9. I have had many brands of site and the Glocks one are least preffered. In my experience, the finish is not durable, the front site is too thick and the rears are a bit wide.being wide, if you need to push them over to one side, they will over hang and look funny

10. WarEagle 1

WarEagle 1 Taco Tuesday

I've always had Glock nights on most of mine, unless it came with something else. They've been reliable for me and I'll continue to use them. Thinking about giving the XS dot sights a try though.

11. .....

#11 JK-linux, May 16, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  12. I showed up at Glock and I think they charged me $60 for the Meprolights. They glow pretty nice. I think I'll try out Trijicons for my next glock.

13. Tacoma12

Tacoma12 The Dude Abides

I've got Glock sights on my G27, they are nice and bright

14. I've got glock night sights. They work fine for me, no different than the meps, but then again I don't mind glock regular sights either. It's all in the marketing,,,,

15. I've seen them recommended here plenty of times.

16. Any idea how they sight them in? I'm just curious. I bought a laser boresighter and while it works good, it's not 100% accurate. I'd be interested in how Glock actually sights them up at the factory.

17. They've served me and 1000's of other LEO's just fine. Nothing wrong with them at all.

18. I had Ed's install Glock night sights on my G21. They work great and only added $57 to the cost of the pistol.

#18 Ranger45, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  19. I have them, I like them, going on 4 years old still glow nice. For 50 bucks more it was an easy decision to make. I have nothing bad to say about them and will recommend them if you want night sights on a budget.

Like others have said, there may be better choices out there, but you will pay a premium for those choices.

20. factory night sights are fine. I just prefer the rear sight to extend all the way to the end of the slide. more sight radius that way

#20 dakrat, May 17, 2012
    Last edited: May 17, 2012