close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why Mitt May Actually Rally Voters.

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Restless28, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Restless28

Restless28
    Expand Collapse

Because the more that Obama talks, the more that voters will vote against him and will vote for Mitt. Hell, if he keeps it up, Mitt may wipe the floor with him like Nixon did in '72.

I uses to think A.B.O. was silly, but Mitt sure looks good to me now.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. KING-PIN

KING-PIN
    Expand Collapse

On the other hand, the more he talks, the more he gasses up his people.

I'm preparing for him to stay with us another 4 years, but I'm hoping and praying he doesn't.

Most of his voters are still out there and still dumb as a box of rocks so I have this horrible feeling he's not going anywhere.

#2 KING-PIN, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  3. lancesorbenson

lancesorbenson
    Expand Collapse

I've still yet to meet an actual Mitt Romney supporter. I also find it strange that on a fairly conservative message board like this, I haven't seen really anyone who supports the man who presumably will be the Republican presidential candidate--beyond the ABO reasoning that is.

4. DOC44

DOC44
    Expand Collapse

I have been listening to his speeches tonight after the primaries. I don't think there is any way Romney can beat obama in the gereral.

Doc44

5. JK-linux

JK-linux
    Expand Collapse

#5 JK-linux, Apr 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2012
  6. KING-PIN

KING-PIN
    Expand Collapse

Nope. It won't happen.

Romney simply doesn't have the support to beat Obama. I don't think that Obamacare being overturned will make much difference either, if any.

7. walt cowan

walt cowan
    Expand Collapse

after stomping the voters into the ground thru open and bold face election fraud, the gop thinks that "anyone but obama" is the only choice we have. not so. without paul supporters, barry will take nov.2 by storm. the gop is dead and stinking. thank god!

8. GAFinch

GAFinch
    Expand Collapse

There are two strategies to winning an election. You can attract a majority of moderate voters to vote for you, which Clinton did successfully. You can also fire up your base and get 10-20% of the tens of millions of people who don't actually bother voting to actually get out there and vote, which Bush did with evangelicals in 2000 and Obama did with blacks in 2008. As Santorum has pointed out recently, though, is that the moderate strategy hasn't unseated an incumbent Democrat in 120 years. It's easy for a sitting president to delay both bad economic figures and thorny foreign policy issues for a few months until after an election, particularly if an ends-justifies-the-means/moral relativism philosophy reduces their guilt in causing any negative outcomes from their decisions.

For moderates/independents who get their limited news exposure solely from nightly news at dinnertime or from CNN while at the gym, they hold neutral/agnostic views on many issues. For many of them, it ends up being the economic status, political affairs status, and quality of speeches made within a month or two of a vote that sway their decisions. Based on that, it's hard to predict how an election will turn out ahead of time. Given a choice between two non-moderates, however, they're forced to re-examine their position on issues and the majority of independents who naturally lean right will likely vote for the Republican.

9. evlbruce

evlbruce
    Expand Collapse

Negative advertising and poor performance are good for suppressing voter turnout. Given that 0's voters aren't haven't balked at his miserable performance to date I don't see many more staying home barring major folly on the campaign trail.

Mittens problem is that he has no positive draw, and has only shown himself to be less inspiring and charismatic as the race trudges on. I don't see moderates, conservatives, or anyone else flocking to the polls to vote for Mittens on election day.

From what I've been reading Team 0 plans run the most unscrupulously negative political campaign since Johnson, and I think it will work.

10. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric
    Expand Collapse
    .45 ACP

We should have fixed the problems in WH long ago to prevent this situation. However, we came to the point at this time: Ron Paul or Obama.

Many of GOPers doesn't want to bring Ron Paul in the race and therefore they going to reap for what they have sown. It is time for the GOP to put into an end.

We need Obama to revival the America's spirit otherwise we have sank. The America's future rest on each of you.

11. brickboy240

brickboy240
    Expand Collapse

Not gonna happen.

Obama has his media machine in full mode right now. They are brainwashing the sheeple that the high gas prices are not his fault and that Obama has pulled America back from some sort of abyss.

Wait until Mittens gets the official nod as GOP candidate....then the really long knives will come out. Big media will portray him as "out of touch" and the 1% and so on. They might even stoop so low as to go after Mormons...you name it. They will be pulling out all the stops.

Anyone that thinks that Mittens will landslide Obama or even win in a 2000-like squeaker is dreaming.

- brickboy240

12. G19G20

G19G20
    Expand Collapse
    Status Quo 2014

You sure are schizophrenic about your candidate choices. You went from Ron Paul to Santorum and now Romney "sure looks good" now. Strange.

13. svtpwnz

svtpwnz
    Expand Collapse

This country is in a very sad, self absorbed state of affairs right now. A huge majority of the population is that of "what's in it for me" and the baby boomers with their "don't **** with my medicade/medicare gimmie more" mentality. It is so sad what the citizens have turned this once great republic into.

There are several major problems contributing to this. One is that people either don't pay attention or simply do not care to learn of their elected officials and what direction they want to lead this nation towards. They just want what they want and hell with everyone else. So, political leaders feed them what they want to hear.

I feel there is no turning back from the direction we are headed and this is pretty much as good as it gets. Gloomy I know but these are the facts. The ONLY way out of this is for true conservitives to stand up and run for political offices, otherwise, you just keep getting more of the same. The liberals have to be steam rolled and run out completely, PERIOD, and I don't see that happening anytime in the forseeable future. They only way to accomplish this is to educate your children, family and friends and keep educating non stop.

If we ever get out of this liberal life sucking hole we are currently in, it will take several generations to do so. So, hang in there and stand firm against these bastards! As for the election in november, I feel Romney has very little chance given his liberal record on 2A and Government healthcare. Not a very strong conservative in my book. I will not be voting for him in November, I will be voting against Obama and that is a really sad way to run your political campaign!

#13 svtpwnz, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  14. maxsnafu

maxsnafu
    Expand Collapse

If Mitt loses, what message will the GOP get from that? Anything? Will they put two and two together and nominate a Conservative next time? I think the honchos in the GOP will say "We just didn't get our message out" and it will be business as usual with another RINO nominated next go around. The GOP is a lost cause, Democrat-lite.

15. svtpwnz

svtpwnz
    Expand Collapse

Bingo!

16. creaky

creaky
    Expand Collapse
    Pamwe Chete

Do you really want four more years of the Indonesian muslim? I know I don't.

17. Javelin

Javelin
    Expand Collapse
    Got Glock?
    Silver Member

Can anyone really believe anything that comes out of Mitten's mouth?

The guy is a liar over and over and over again. Like a car salesman he will tell you anything you want to hear to get what he wants.

IMO Mittens is a loser.

18. Javelin

Javelin
    Expand Collapse
    Got Glock?
    Silver Member

The Republican party is becoming very comfortable moving Left. They wear the Conservative ideology as a costume. It's pathetic!

19. brickboy240

brickboy240
    Expand Collapse

The "honchos" at RNC HQ are not real conservatives.

doubt it?

Well, then why do they keep throwing up such weak and mushy moderate candidates?

The "honchos" are perfecly happy, being a minority party that opposes the Democrats now and then but does not really change or reform a damn thing. They don't want to ruffle TOO many feathers or lead the way on true reforms that will save what we know as America. Those things might cause people to get real angry and maybe call them names! LOL

They use the Tea Party and the banner of conservatism every now and then to win a few mid term elections, but put it all away when it comes time for presidential elections or making hard decisions.

When they held the presidency and both houses (...and a fairly right leaning Supreme Court) what did they do? reform the tax code? Ditch the Federal Reserve? Secure the borders? Balance the budget? Nope. In reality....they did almost next to nothing.

If true conservatives or Tea Party types REALLY ran the GOP, you would NEVER see candidates like Dole, McCain or Romney....ever. Many on the left actually think that the Tea Party runs the GOP but they are delusional.

I have pretty much come to the conclusion that Ronald Reagan was a total fluke. That he, like Obama, squeaked by and slipped in but should never have gotten where they did.

The "honchos" of the GOP also love it when a social conservative like Santorum gets up there and spouts all sorts of religious nonsense. That means that a large number of people will surely be turned off of the candidate and less of a chance of winning and having to lead. They are not conservative on the social end of the spectrum, either.

The GOP/RNC honchos are a miserable bunch of weasels without spines that want to collect their checks and enjoy the benefits that go with being DC electorate but not have to lead or make hard decisions.

Where we all go with this party from here is anybody's guess. The reforms that would need to happen are huge and maybe not possible, to get the party truly conservative on a fiscal scale.

- brickboy240

20. Restless28

Restless28
    Expand Collapse

Reagan a fluke?! Put down that GD Ron Paul KoolAid and read your history. The end of the Cold War? Fluke? Busting the ATC union when threatened? Fluke? Historic tax cuts? Fluke? Rebound in the economy, that continued up to the Bush 43 era? Fluke?

You have got to stop believing what ever the Ronulans parrot. Look at all sided of the issue, not just what you want to believe.

#20 Restless28, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012