close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why Men Don't Want to Marry Nowadays

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kurly, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

That is actually a damned funny piece. The problem with trying to apply it too me is, I have chronicled a long slew of my flailures, struggles and things I suck at in spite of the things I have done well.

2. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

:rofl::rofl:

You forgot to mention that you occasionally channel Mark Twain and Ernest Hemingway, simultaneously.

3. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

4. OmarR

OmarR

So does that mean that in nearly over 70% of married couples, should they divorce, the woman is legally entitled to alimony?

5. devildog2067

devildog2067

It depends heavily on the divorce laws state by state, as far as I know. When I got divorced my ex wife was unemployed, and I didn't have to pay any alimony.

6. Rabbi

No, there is going to be a % of couples who earn a similar amount to chip away at that 70%

And the obvious one, not all places have alimony and even in the places that do have it, you may not qualify for various reasons, even if your spouse makes more money.

7. podwich

podwich

I assume you prefer Dos Equis.

8. vikingsoftpaw

vikingsoftpaw DEPLORABLE ME!

Friends of mine have had to deal with situation like that. Their old ladies would swear up and down that they would leave if they had the money. The dynamic at play here is a married woman has control over 8 paychecks a month. A single woman only 4.

Chicks don't like the thought of living off only their earnings. Heaven forbid, that one would have to go back to apartment living, giving up access to a home.

Women have a thing about not leaving a relationship without having another one locked down.

I've known too many dudes who were put in the extra hours so that their wives could be stay-at-home-moms. Their reward for the sacrifice was another man baby in their wife's belly.

9. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Remember that above everything love is a behavior & not an emotion. What most people classify as love wears off in four years as Evolution intended in order to propagate the species. Anthropologists speculate that most relationships end at four years as endorphins wear off because when we were evolving it took approx. that period of time for a child to become bipedal in order to escape predators, hence we sought other partners to spread the genes. It's the four year "itch" and not seven.

As the ol' dance floor maxim goes "baby, if you don't feel I love you then feel a little lower!!"

:rofl:

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  10. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

The whole point of alimony should be if the wife has sacrificed her career, either by staying home and raising children (which should be a mutual decision on the part of both parents, not just hers, or his), or by moving every time her husband gets a transfer/promotion, that she shouldn't be left with nothing if he leaves her (or cheats on her or beats her and she leaves him). I'm good with that. I'm not good with awarding alimony in no-fault divorces, or in cases where she earns more money than he does, or in cases where she chooses to leave because she "feels unfulfilled" whatever the hell that means. Common sense needs to be applied to the concept.

11. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

:rofl: What crap. Anthropologists "speculate"? :rofl:

No 4YO can outrun even the slowest predator. It's always a win for lions, tigers and bears: OH MY !!

Last edited: Feb 25, 2013
  12. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

I'm paying over $3000 a month right now, and I get to see my kids three or four times a year.

We divorced when they were 8 and 10. And, it's not even tax deductible.

But, they were the only good thing that came out of my marriage and they are worth every penny. :supergrin:

13. Kurly

Kurly

Thank you for clarifying, as I wasn't aware of your prior profession, etc. As you may know, many folks choose (under the guise of anonymity) assume a role larger than the real life they exist in.

I would continue to maintain that Devildog made an absurd analogy. You may call it hyperbole as it relates to a parable, but I'd say that it had nothing to do with slavery or the topic at hand. Yet somehow that was dismissed.

I then led with that to point out the hypocrisy of women having rape fantasies in a trusting relationship (which ironically many who have commented on this forget to mention this distinction and apparently never read the articles I linked that show 'rape fantasies' are a common fantasy among women (the third most common fantasy)).

It seems that instead of discussing the issue that was first brought up and further evidence supported by, we're down in the weeds of attacking one's perspective of what WE think it should be (that includes myself too).

You say my comment on rape fantasies is wrong, yet I support it with multiple pages of evidence to show it exists with women. Yet you have no problem with Devildog posting a comment that had little to do with the subject at hand and caused the discussion to go off course.

No need to respond. Probably stupid to have posted this on GT anyway.

14. Kurly

Kurly

I can see that you didn't bother to read any of the studies I linked previously by psychologists that prove you wrong....but then, this IS Glocktalk where no one reads prior posts, but simply jumps to conclusions. So, let me do the hard work for you and post the link again:

[ame="http://www.google.com/search?q=women+rape+fantasies&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS465US465&oq=women+rape+fantasies&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8"]http://www.google.com/search?q=women+rape+fantasies&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS465US465&oq=women+rape+fantasies&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8[/ame]

15. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

There's nothing more entertaining than a divorced guy. HH

16. Rabbi

Kurly....you still dont get it. You still, after every angle has been tried, are unable to understand what I said.

17. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

It was an just an analogy and a pretty accurate one at that. A rapist means to enslave his victim for the duration of the crime and even decides if he want's to set her free when he's done with her. Can you come up with a better comparison.

As you said in your comment that kicked this whole thing off, get over it.

18. Tiro Fijo

Tiro Fijo

Eaxctly why there were no fat or stupid kids who ran & climbed slowly.