close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why Men Don't Want to Marry Nowadays

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Kurly, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Kurly

Kurly

As some of you know, I went through a brief marriage that cost me an inordinate amount of money for the time we were together and a huge amount of emotional regret/grief. I ran across a couple of websites that truly typifies why marriage is rapidly becoming a losing proposition for at least 1/2 of men today.

The first is a Youtube video that has some great gov't data research and explanation of how feminism has destroyed marriage and why no sane man should enter it without some SERIOUS consideration and legal protection should they do so.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-myk23yTyM&list=FLDcQUoqjuGHLrFfQAbx5PbQ&feature=mh_lolz"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-myk23yTyM&list=FLDcQUoqjuGHLrFfQAbx5PbQ&feature=mh_lolz[/ame]

Here's an article from a FEMALE on why men don't want to marry nowadays:

http://www.thefemininewoman.com/2010/01/why-men-do-not-want-to-marry/

Lastly, Pew Research did a study on the growing number of women who believe a successful marriage is the most important thing in their lives and the figures are rapidly growing, while men are almost inversely choosing the opposite:

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/young-men-giving-up-on-marriage-women-arent-women-anymore

For those ladies who frequent GT, I'd be interested in hearing your opinions and mothers/fathers, what you're doing to change this perspective for not only your daughters but your sons as well.

With the declining birth rate, our nation is faced with a HUGE demographic issue that will directly affect Medicare, Social Security, entitlement programs, tax revenues, etc. This will not end well for us in retirement if there aren't enough able-body young people working to put into the system.

P.S. Here's a great Tom Leykis Youtube of arguing many of the above points with an illogical/feminist woman:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbmIVfD1XJE"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbmIVfD1XJE[/ame]

P.S.S. Found a few more interesting stories -- written by women no less that substantiate my argument that marriage can be a huge pitfall for unsuspecting men

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2256850/How-feminism-blame-breakdown-family-Left-winger-Diane-Abbott.html?printingPage=true

From the Huffington Post of all places:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-doyle/women-five-reasons-your-d_b_2341955.html

The hypocrisy of a woman divorcing a man because of low sex drive...how many women would state that if their man loved her, they'd "accept" her for who she is?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cathy-meyer/sexless-marriage-when-sex_b_2280062.html?utm_hp_ref=divorce&ir=Divorce

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/laura-doyle/its-the-intimacy-stupid-6_b_2147499.html

http://www.singularity2050.com/2010/01/the-misandry-bubble.html

Last edited: Feb 20, 2013
  2. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

:popcorn: Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, so I'll watch but not play in this one.

3. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Same here. Nothing's funnier than a good divorce thread. HH

4. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Child support imposed on the father only goes up over time.

5. jdeere_man

jdeere_man CLM

I have no interest in getting married. I'm not much on companionship and I like to keep all the things I own. I know too many people who have got screwed out of a lot of stuff. I'm sorry if that sounds one sided to you, but if one party in the relationship brings in 2/3-3/4 of the income why should the the other party get 1/2 of everything upon the ending of the relationship.

6. dwhite53

dwhite53

First marriage lasted 3 months and cost me $10K to get out of. Got a better education for the money than I could have gotten at Harvard.

Got a keeper now.

If this one ends I won't be doing it again.

All the Best,
    D, White

7. DWARREN123

DWARREN123 Grumpy Old Guy Silver Member

On my second marriage. First lasted 3 years but not all that time was good or even fair.
    My wife (the second) and I just had a anniversary, 34 years and going good.
    Takes two to make a marriage but only one to kill it.
    Pick a spouse wisely, they may last forever! :supergrin:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  8. SpectreRider

SpectreRider Armed Citizen

You seem to be equating getting married with producing children. While that was once the case, many marriages today produce no children on purpose.

And for more than forty percent of all children born, the parents are not married. That rate is a whopping 72 percent for black women.

A bigger issue might be the differences in productivity as working adults between illegitimate children vs. children born to a married couple. Assuming they work as adults.

9. skinny99

skinny99 Crew Chief

Never been married,not getting married. Period. No I am not bitter and have never been screwed over by a woman. I just don't see the sense.

I have a woman I live with. By all rights she is my wife. We have no legal paperwork but do have an agreement and a promise. We live by two rules. We stay together because we want to and we don't cheat on each other. If either one of us wants to leave the relationship we will make arrangements to separate. If one of cheats the same thing happens. We have a child together that I will support and love til the day I die. However if being with her mother is painful every day,I will move on. Life is too short to live unhappily.

We split the bills and keep all other bills separate. She takes care of the mortgage and I take care of all the other household bills. Most months it comes out close to even but like now in the winter I come out ahead (lower power bill). She owns her car and will always be responsible for her transportation. I do the same. We each have our own saving accounts and retirement plans. Really the only financial disadvantage for me is that although I pay for part of a house I will never be entitled to any equity. Unfortunately she never has had a equity and is lucky not to be severely upside down her house. So I am literally a decade away from equity.
    And if I live her forever, equity will not be a concern.

Someday she will wear a diamond ring on her left hand that I give her. I offered to buy her one multiple times but instead she chose to buy a boat and go on vacation multiple times.

These decisions lead me to believe that she is a keeper. Only time will tell. I will never cheat and I don't believe she will. Things aren't perfect but I am happy to see after work each day and still wanna wake up laying beside her in the morning. She appears to feel the same way. If these things change i will move on. Period.

10. ysr_racer

ysr_racer

Lots of gay men never get married :rofl:

11. TK-421

TK-421

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-YCdcnf_P8"]Gay Men Will Marry Your Girlfriends - YouTube[/ame]

I think I might get married eventually, but only after living with her for at least ten years, in a situation like skinny's. But I don't know, only time will tell. I'm not in some huge rush though.

12. RonS

RonS Millennium Member

Mine will probably end soon according to all the experts. Only be 40 years this fall. It takes two people who both want to be married and are willing to work to make it work. I still see people like that, but mostly society is dead set against them. Good little consumers don't have families, morals or self discipline, just disposable income and wants.

13. Dexters

Dexters

Big mistake for Gay wanting to get married.

14. Dexters

Dexters

Check out common law marriage statues in your state.

15. Reswob

Reswob

Never understood why people wanted lawyers and the state involved in their personal relationships...

16. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Still working on my forst marriage - they will never be a second one.

(She hates it when I introduce her as my first wife. :) )

17. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

I have been and am married. Lost my former wife (still the love of my life) to breast cancer after 18 months. Put at least two mountain ranges between myself and one X.

In posts like these, I always relate back to and state my 1st Incontestable Rule:

"There is no such thing as free love, easy money, or happily married."

Says everything I have ever wanted to say about the matter, and yes, you are welcome!

And the above mention of the femminist movement destroying the instutition of marriage is dead on and overwhelmingly correct in every aspect of the matter. In a marriage, women trying to be men is about is successfull as men trying to be women.

Doesn't work in the real world either, and has been a massive defeat of conventional morals, the family in general, and to society as a whole. The proof is there.

Gray_Rider

18. Chesafreak

Chesafreak

My first marriage was pretty much like what guys descibed at the article at the first link the OP provided. I won't bore you and sob and dump on all of you but I can say it was the worst of those stories combined.

I have remarried to a woman who is the complete opposite of the ex. In addition to being a wonderful woman in every way, she even has her own money and we don't combine our finances.

Things are great, but financially I'm climbing out of a deep hole created by the ex-wife. All I can say that if this one doesn't work out I will never marry again.

19. Gray_Rider

Gray_Rider

Priceless!

The photograph of the engagement ring and the steel cuff is also...

Priceless!

The old "picture is worth a thousand words" .... and is a picture of what it is.

Gray_Rider

20. Gixxerjoe04

Gixxerjoe04

4 of my friends are married now, 2 more will be by the end of this year. 3 of the 4 are practically different now even tho they were practically married before the "title" was given, the women go from regular female dogs, to pysco you're my "husband, hubby, slave" female dog. The women in these relationships live for this so they can say "my husband" with every sentence they write on Facebook, if cant be (friends name) and I are going to the movies, now it's my husbanddddd yada yada, he's the best husband in the world yada yada vomit. Me and my gf have been dating a few years, I always get annoyed with, "when are you gonna ask her to marry u, shouldn't you be married by now". We live together, do everything any married couple does besides having kids or post gay crap on Facebook, why would I want to waste thousands on a ring then thousands on a wedding then multiple thousands on a divorce?