close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why isnt GSSF matches offered in more places?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Reyn, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Reyn

Reyn Times Up

I live in Alabama and despite being next door to Georgia i cant afford to travel that far right now. Are there matches anywhere in Alabama? Specifically N.Alabama? If not why? Will it eventually expand out more as membership increases. Id like to compete but need something closer.

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

i think the big question is why don't more ranges host a GSSF match. GSSF can't just pull in and set up on their own.

3. Don At PC

Don At PC Senior Member Millennium Member

If you know of a local club that has a range and would like to host a GSSF Match have them contact GSSF and see if they can get the ball rolling. Check out this page http://www.gssfonline.com/regforms/Application to Host.pdf

It is located at www.gssfonline.com to get some additional info. I live in the Florida Pan Handle and I know several folks who would travel most anywhere in Alabama to shoot a match. :thumbsup:

4. FESTUS

FESTUS Horse Whisperer

I understand the expense....as we get older, wiser, we should have more resouces.I have traveled by F150 13 hours one way...because I could. To answer your question...supporting a local club and to start interest by members is the way things usually work. New matches do get intiated.I.E. next weekend at Pensacola...You might start soliciting some local people to share costs in a drive as well or plan that special Match...4 years ago I mustered one match that year and planned for two the next...this year I have attended (8) I have enjoyed everyone of them. :supergrin:

5. cmzneb

cmzneb

GSSF doesn't want more matches from what I can tell. I have worked my butt off trying to host a match here in the midwest, and have been shut down and IGNORED by GSSF staff.

I would recommend looking for a local club that runs USPSA matches.

www.uspsa.com

6. Rikki

Rikki Pathetic Loser

"I would recommend looking for a local club that runs USPSA matches."
    +1
    I finding USPSA matches darn near everyweekend around here- and they are about 20 bucks for somewhere around 100 rounds- sometimes closer to 200 rounds. I'm shooting more and driving less...

7. Reyn

Reyn Times Up

Thanks for the info.

8. Archangel Mike

Archangel Mike

What about Ft. Benning. Granted it is on the Georgia side of the border, but you can just about throw a rock and hit Alabama with it.

:angel:

9. miniglock

miniglock

I am physically disabled and to the best of my knowledge, USPSA does not have exceptions. I am unable to draw from a holster nor run. I shoot GSSF now but, am wondering if there is any other type matches that I may shoot.