close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Why is Obamacare Bad?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DrMaxit, Oct 15, 2012.

1. DrMaxit

DrMaxit Dirtbag Airman

Sep 15, 2005
    Oahu HI
    Just curious as to what you guys have thought. On paper it sounds pretty good, but I'm on the fence about it. s

2. kiole

kiole

Feb 16, 2008
    Simply put because penalizing the population for deciding not to buy a product is unamerican.

It's basically a huge tax on the middle class.

3. canis latrans

canis latrans

May 29, 2000
    besides the high taxes and the Death Panel, it's great!

4. superdoc

superdoc Millennium Member

Nov 30, 1999
  5. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    The majority of Obamacare isn't bad. The problem I have with it is that you're forcing people to spend money to buy insurance. Some people might not have the money, some people might not want it. And then they penalize you if you don't buy it. If they want it that bad, then make an amendment to the constitution allowing it, like they did with income tax. Otherwise, don't be unconstitutional and force us to do **** we don't want to do.

The part I like is that all kids are still on their parents insurance until they're 25. Since I'm 22, I don't have to pay for insurance. :supergrin:

6. soflasmg

soflasmg

Sep 3, 2004
    Meeyaami
    Government does not have the means to pay for it.

You do. They take your money to pay for it.

That is called stealing and is wrong.

7. JerryVO

JerryVO

Oct 22, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    I will add that it is more unwanted government in my life where the free market if allowed could come up with a better solution . All they would need to do is allow private competition across state lines.

It is the ongoing battle of capitalism vs regulation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

8. Foxtrotx1

Foxtrotx1

Jan 29, 2010
    Scottsdale AZ
    We need socialized health care. It's as simple as that.

Leave it to the states.

What we don't need is socialized healthcare as proposed by Obama and his earmark masterpiece.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  9. kiole

kiole

Feb 16, 2008
    It's an easy out anyway I'm claiming religious exemption

10. soflasmg

soflasmg

Sep 3, 2004
    Meeyaami
    Crazy talk is crazy.

When is it OK to take my property and give it to someone else without compensation or agreement?

Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  11. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

Apr 27, 2009
    Oak Ridge, TN
    well the way things work now is most people without insurance go to the ER for any and everything and then don't pay the bill, the cost is passed on to the people that do buy insurance. And the other bad side of how things work now is that if you don't have a job or your job does not provide insurance you have no viable option. No one is going to buy cobra at $800 per month. In those ways Obamacare will be better. It is not really the end of the world that so many around here claim it to be.

12. canis latrans

canis latrans

May 29, 2000
    WHO needs socialized health care? I don't.

13. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    Obamacare re defines full time as 120 hours a month, avergae 30 a week. Right now full time is 40. So, now a company will cap you below 40 hours, usually 36-38, a week. Under obamacare, youd get 10 less hours a week from employers capping you and 40 less a month. That type of lost income makes it impossible for many people to make a living. My company will be capping new employees if it goes through, so will grocery stores, wal marts, etc. Students, people who can only find part time work, etc, will need to work 2 jobs to make a living in most cases, good luck finding those in an obama economy.

14. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Feb 1, 2005
    Oh that makes wonderful sense. As long as those crooked snakes can unravel their coils and point the same direction long enough to add an amendment to the constitution, anything they do is A-OK?

15. kiole

kiole

Feb 16, 2008
    I don't have insurance when I go to the doctor I pay my bill and usually get a 30-50% cash at the completion of appointment discount. Why should I be taxed because some dead beat doesn't pay.

16. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

Apr 27, 2009
    Oak Ridge, TN
    you are one of the few

17. ken grant

ken grant

Apr 3, 2004
    middle ga.
    Government run Healthcare???????????

Someone please name a Government run Program that has been a success and did what it was intended to do and also done within budget.

18. Diesel McBadass

Diesel McBadass Tactically Epic

Apr 15, 2011
    Dover NH
    Anyone working part time jobs should automatically hate obamacare for the loss of income it would cause, while simultaneously raising taxes.

19. camelotkid

camelotkid non-believer

Apr 27, 2009
    Oak Ridge, TN
    yep government bad, anarchy good. We don't need roads, librarys, schools, parks, or any agency for that matter. The wild west was such a neat place. :whistling: