close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why is creationist theory so incompatible with the big bang?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Gunhaver, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Think about it.

If I were God (gonna capitalize it this time because it's me we're theoretically talking about here) and I've existed for all time with no beginning, when I get around to creating the universe I just might be up for one hell of a fireworks show. I might reach out and touch a point in empty space to create a nucleation point where I would focus a great deal of my God energy until...

Bang!!!

And then, using natural forces that I had created to do the huge bulk of the work for me, I would guide the resulting release of energy into the various galaxies and nebula and stars and planets that we know today. It would have to be somewhat boring to be in complete control of everything all the time with no surprises so I would let this process go on for quite some time and just enjoy the show while maybe shuffling the electromagnetic spectrum around a bit here or adjusting the amount of anti matter there until I had everything just right. Then I would choose a planet of just the right type and focus my attention on it for the Grand Life Project.

It would be a rather Godly way to go about it.

Isn't it possible that science could be uncovering more and more clues to god's mechanism for creation? It seems to me to be very presumptuous of anyone to insist that they know otherwise.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2012
  2. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

A Creationist concept raises an interesting question: Why does an event happen only once, if the Creator could repeat it at will? An answer to this is possible, but that answer would be as intricate as any answer a "non-creationist" would come up with.

This question is a reversal of the standard question when I was in school half a century ago: Why does God allow evil to continue. An indirect answer: A believer in God must explain evil ... but the aetheist must explain everything else.

3. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

I've always contended that God set everything in motion and created the laws of physics to govern the universe. I never implied that God is in constant control and causes all events.
    God alone created life however.

4. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

This thread has nothing to do with you or what you think. Frankly, even though you deny far less established scientific fact than most creationists here I find your combination of arrogance and ignorance far more off putting than just the typically encountered ignorance and dishonesty.

5. Rumbler_G20

Rumbler_G20

Wait. You asked a question then got nasty when you got an answer you didn't like.

What do you call that if not arrogant and ignorant?:rofl:

You religious nuts crack me up . . . . :upeyes:

6. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

How do we differentiate the events that happen through purely naturalistic means, in harmony with the laws of physics, and those that God directly creates?

7. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

No. No, no, no.

Creationism holds that God created all life as it is today. It disavows evolution. We KNOW evolution is a fact. We know we evolved from lesser beings. How much 'lesser' were those beings? Jury is still out on that, but they sure as hell weren't Homo Sapien Sapiens.

Some people (mostly creationist crazies) disagree and say everything from "Microevolution is real, macroevolution is fake!" to "Satan planted those bones we found!" and just come off sounding like they're off their meds.

Even the churches realized creationism was wrong. Thats why many, if not most, have moved to intelligent design. When the churches even accept it, its time to stop being thick-headed.

8. Keyhole

Keyhole

This is exactly why:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdocQHsPCNM&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdocQHsPCNM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

9. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

10. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

You assume. Genesis lays it out plainly the process that was used, and that life was originally created good, and at the end God called his creation very good. So, it started in a place of perfection, but was transformed by sin to resemble something else completely from the original design. In that tranformation was adaptation. If there were no ability to adapt, all life would have been destroyed.

Yet another compassionate and patient aspect of a God who then came to this earth endured all of the aspects of that transformation, though never having sinned Himself, and then died for something He created.

Creation and evolution as defined by present day evolution cannot coexist just like a square circle cannot coexist. Creation was not a squircle.

11. IndianaMatt

IndianaMatt

Creationist theory is incompatible with any type of science, because it is not science but rather fanciful conjecture.

While all science involves some speculation or theorizing, creationism makes claims that are so arbitrary, disconeccted from anything remotely resembling the scientific method, and plain fantasy, it can scant be called "science."

12. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

I've often thought this way. Maybe not quite in your particular but ultimately there is no recording in scripture as to the specifics in the way everything came to be.

Someone once said that "mathematics is the language in which God wrote the universe".

13. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

The whole idea of string theory and vibrations of energy lines up with the idea that God spoke everthing into existence too.

14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Big Bang actually is fairly compatible with creation theory. Its just that Religious folks are always way too concerned about who's doing the banging. :whistling:

Randy

15. Kingarthurhk

Look at my tag line. I like things that go bang.:rofl:

16. dbcooper

dbcooper

Creationist belief and the big bang theory are quite compatible

Not so with the young earth creationists however

17. dbcooper

dbcooper

Multiverse theory, good reading (not to be confused with the underverse, Kill the Furion!)

18. Brasso

Brasso Millennium Member

What would be the odds of that?

19. Kingarthurhk

Young Earth creationism is consistent with scripture. An attempt to marry the two is merely a squircle.

20. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

That may well be true. The problem is that young Earth creationism isn't consistent with observed reality.