close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why I religiously believe in science.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Gunhaver, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

Um yeah. It's a biochemical reaction. Some say very similar to what happens when you eat chocolate. Either way it can be measured and observed.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

No he can't provide it because he's not being honest. I never made the claim to have PTSD, nor did I literally state cops can't be trusted...

I made the statement that IF I were to say such a thing. It was a hypothetical.

Plus he made the statement that I had posted such a thing in Cop Talk. I've never posted in Cop Talk in my life.

It's all just lies from Cav-PA.

Here is the post he's referring to...

And as you'll see by the time stamp the last time I edited it was 4 minutes after making it... to clean up some spelling errors and such. About 15 hour before Doc decided to try and twist it to make it appear as though I was claiming PTSD and lied about my actual statements to create drama in that thread.

#142 Glock36shooter, Jan 18, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  3. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

4. Geko45

Geko45
    Expand Collapse
    Smartass Pilot
    CLM

That's right, he never claimed PTSD at all. You just made a troll attempt at labeling him as PTSD with your dubious and unsolicited diagnosis. So, you are in fact a liar because above you clearly stated that he claimed it himself where now you admit that he never did.

This is your modis operandi both here and in PI. In much the same manner, you accused me (twice) for calling for the abolishment of religion through force of law when I have never made any such claim. In fact, after your first attempt at that slur, I provided you with multiple cites where I clearly stated unwavering support for the first ammendment and yet you went away for a month or two and came back with the same slur again as if it had not already been refuted.

Do you think people won't remember these stunts of yours? You are a liar and you have been shown to be so multiple times. You have zero credibility left on these forums.

#144 Geko45, Jan 18, 2013
  5. Geko45

Geko45
    Expand Collapse
    Smartass Pilot
    CLM

Ah, so you are going to word parse to avoid accepting evidence. I guess love is not an emmotion to you. Got it.

6. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

You made up scenarios for why you only post in RI. I made the mistake of thinking you were being honest. Instead of just coming back and saying that you were being hypothetical and theoretical in your statement, you decompensated and started ranting ad homs.

Trust me bro, this conversation says a lot more about you than it does me.

I've got more rope. Want some?

7. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

Isn't it illegal to pose as a Doctor and toss out unsolicited diagnoses on the internet?

It should be.

8. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

I think the challenge was to measure love to a degree. Is there a test that spits out a digital measure of it? You'd think that would be a hot commodity for guys doing premarital counseling and prenuptual agreements.

Most of what can be done is looking at graphic representations of relative brain activity in certain areas. It's an interesting subject. We aren't quite to the point that a machine can tell you everything about what a person thinks and how they feel (outside of extremes, I'd guess something like severe pain would be a common pattern)

9. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

The challenge was can you prove it exists... Yes we can.

You can't measure it... depends on what you mean. Can we measure it in Fluffies? No. But we can measure it's effects on brain chemistry and biology.

You can't describe it...

Love

Noun:
    An intense feeling of deep affection: "their love for their country".
    Verb:
    Feel a deep romantic or sexual attachment to (someone): "do you love me?".

You can't draw a picture of it... Ask anyone what this picture represents...

[​IMG]

10. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Guess you should bone up on your jurisprudence. Actually, falsely claiming someone else claimed to be a doctor because they have a term of endearment as a nickname could be defamation of character if we were all using real names.

You gave a false history, I made an assessment based on your input. Garbage in Garbage out. You lost it shortly after that.

The emotionally irrational responses you are having to all this is entertaining though.

11. Syclone538

Syclone538
    Expand Collapse

I know this is a joke, but when someone says "there should be a law..." I almost always disagree. Just think it through. If you want to outlaw something, do you think the people who disagree with you should be shot if they will not comply?

12. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

Depends on the law. Like it being illegal to molest kids... yeah I kinda think those that break that law need to be shot. Posing as a doctor and handing out bogus diagnoses... maybe a $10K fine and loss of whatever medical licenses that are held.

I don't suggest the death penalty for all offenses.

13. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Love and sexual attraction are separate. Younger guys tend to mix that up a lot. It's ok to love your dog for instance. It doesn't mean you want to take that to another level.

Hearts are a symbol of affection and or love. But it's not a picture of love itself. I guess you just have to believe love exists because you feel it in your __________.

14. Syclone538

Syclone538
    Expand Collapse

And if they will not comply?

15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

And yet when I read your definition it fails to accurately describe the feeling when my kid wraps her arms around my neck. Perhaps you've never experienced it. It lies somewhere between ecstasy and wanting to cut my own heart out with a knife and give it to her. Go figure.

And regarding brain chemistry and anatomy, they're measuring brain chemistry and anatomy. Many of those things can be mimicked by unrelated stimuli, or drugs.

#155 certifiedfunds, Jan 18, 2013
  16. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

Not parsing but being brief. Perhaps you could quote the relevant portion. I'm working on a phone today.

What test should I use to determine which of my children I love more, or any other variations in that love. It's an age old question. Surely scientists have figured it out.

17. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

Jerk the License and start collections on the fine plus penalties and interest.

18. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

Gross.

For sure. The brain is only a biochemical computer. With the right misfire you can feel the same love you have for your kid for a perfect stranger. There's nothing magical, supernatural, or spiritual about us.

19. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds
    Expand Collapse
    Tewwowist

Yeah I figured you've never experienced it.

My point being, science doesn't have an answer for every question and to the best of my knowledge, cannot create life. There are many things unexplained. Someone who denies the existence of a creator is closed minded.

20. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Be honest with your history, and you are much more likely to get an accurate result.

:popcorn: