close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Why I religiously believe in science.

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Gunhaver, Jan 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    It really doesn't seem like you are.
    And you're being asked to share some of the examples that lead you to that conclusion.
    No, it isn't. It's a completely unveiled attempt to get you to support the claim you've made.
    No, not really. You claimed lots of examples exist. You've now presented two supposed instances, both by the same person, neither of which includes the argument you claim to be so common.

To the objective observer, it appears that you made a claim and when politely asked to provide supporting evidence chose to instead launch a torrent of insults and derision. Not the behavior of someone who truly believes what they've claimed, even if the claim is wrong. Rather, it appears you realize your claim was in error and now refuse to admit that error.

2. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    And now he seems to be conveniently ignoring my clarification of those supposed instances. :dunno:

3. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    :rofl:

You and your little friend make me laugh.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5vCcP4cVXM"]dumb and dumberer best parts - YouTube[/ame]

Really, watch the whole clip. It's so much like you two.

I don't expect you to see it, unless you reach the last couple of seconds, and that is SOOOO you.

Many of the more cerebral fellows around here get it too, but are somehow hesitant to admit it, some have voluntarily tried to give you two advice. But you aren't taking any. Suffice it to say, you are making the other 94% of atheists look bad.

If you still cannot see it, it's even better than it was before. You two cannot help yourselves. The fact that you are stoned out of you gourd just makes it easier. What time to you start smoking? 8 AM ?

[​IMG]

Really

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  4. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I'm not even going to pretend that I have read past this point.

Read the thread.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466683

Then read this thread again.

consider it, and respond after.

:yawn:

5. ksg0245

ksg0245

Feb 28, 2008
    California
    Admirable.

6. Animal Mother

Animal Mother Not Enough Gun

Mar 22, 2004
    Done.
    I see, you can't be bothered to read a whole post but I'm supposed to read whole threads to find your supposed evidence. However, being an affable sort, I've done so and I still see no examples of the argument you claim to be so common. In fact, it seems multiple posters in that thread explicitly reject such an argument.
    The closest example appears to be English's post where he writes:
    But it's hard to say where that discussion might have gone given that you chose to descend into condescension and insults rather than attempting a substantive conversation, just as you did in this thread.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  7. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    I think that right there is the best reason why we should all be ignoring Doc. He's taken so many threads right back into his crazy realm of "atheism is a religion" and "everybody is trying to disprove the deity" that it's affecting the quality of the discussions here. Grape has already bailed again and he was one of the best posters in RI. I suspect that this was Doc's plan all along. He's a theist that's irked about the atheist takeover of RI and he's decided to devolve every discussion he can into madness until we all get sick of it and just go away.

Notice that he happily falls back on classic theist arguments and never seems to take issue with anything the theists say despite their being so much more certain that they know the truth than any of the atheists have ever claimed to be.

8. ksg0245

ksg0245

Feb 28, 2008
    California
    That might not be fair; he called out one theist for claiming the existance of the Sun is evidence of God, for example. There is something going on, though.

9. void *

void * Dereference Me!

Well, strictly speaking, he claimed that it appeared to be evidence of a sun. He didn't tell the theist it was *not* evidence of a god, and the two aren't necessarily exclusive.

I haven't seen him use the same argumentation tactics against the theists as he does against the atheists, although I haven't been around for a while, and the mere fact that I haven't observed him do so does not mean he hasn't.

10. Iv'e noticed this as well. He's either a closet theists or a contrarian.

11. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
    Why do you always prefer to be a liar Cav-Pa. I've noticed that about you. Are you projecting? What if I were to start saying it's a fact that you molest children, prefer little boys, and then used it in our conversations as my Ah-Ha! moment like you do with the drug horse **** and me. Think about it for a second. You believe you have a good reputation around here. The truth aside, how would you like posts floating around insinuating that you molest kids? There'd be some folks that would know better but there'd be some that might actually believe it. I've told you like 3 times that I do not smoke, do drugs, or drink. You have no excuse for claiming that it's a fact that I do drugs. I know you don't like me. I know we disagree greatly on just about everything. I don't like you either and that's ok. We don't have to like each other or even get along. But why make a liar and troll of yourself by acting this way. I know you can easily dodge it... you're well practiced at wiggling out of your lies. But why do it at all?

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  12. ksg0245

ksg0245

Feb 28, 2008
    California
    Good point; I may have read too much into it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.