Why I am okay with guns and ammo being expensive.

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by randr1979, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just like when they didn't have boats during the floods, the poor will also need rescuing from assailants if they are deprived of efficient means of defending themselves.

I hope you and your friends are up to that task again because, as the saying goes: "To whom much is given, much is expected."

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Hi-Points are great toolbox guns, simple and it just keeps working. i can't wait for it to get to our shores. send some over will ya?

We are basically in agreement, my stand is pretty much the same. I believe anyone of decent ability who is not saddled with vices (aside from an addiction to cordite) and keeps the number of mouths he has to feed manageable can come up with P17,000 (US$404*) well within two years.

Start working and saving at 19 and you will have enough for a gun by the time you are legal to own one.

Anybody who wants to but can not scrounge up that amount probably needs to rethink their way of life and reevaluate their priorities.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    * $404 is indeed significantly more than $150 but maybe it's just because our economy is in better shape now and people here can generally afford to pay higher prices for things like guns and ammo.

3. I'm not sure which sector of the poor you are referring to. If it's the illegal settlers then I really can not think of anybody who would want to attack them, especially during a calamity (except perhaps a fellow illegal settler who has gone insane). What would one gain by attacking them?

Besides, homeless people are barred from owning firearms, you can not put NPA in the address field of the license application form and expect it to be approved.

If it's the struggling but employed sector we'll we go back to my lesson in arithmetic. Working a minimum wage job? Save 10% for your defense fund, don't smoke or drink alcohol, don't have too many kids or delay having one and by the time you get your 13th month pay you're squared away.

My friends are up to it, I am not. I haven't bought a zodiac yet. I compensate by living on higher ground. My disaster management capabilities are limited to operating battery operated reverse osmosis water systems so my people can have clean water to drink.

4. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

The high cost for guns and ammo means there will always be an available supply for wealthy criminals.

#44 Clutch Cargo, Oct 2, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  5. if we want to lower ourselves to his level -

Yup, we got outgunned and conquered...... by superpowers
    At least we didnt get our butt kicked and ran out of indochina by farmers

6. Clutch Cargo

Brother, this retired old white guy would be glad to help fund your trip to America (as long as I got good tickets to the ass kickings)

Some folks go through life with blinders on to the rest of the world. My only blinders are color filters. I treat a man as such, and only ask the same in return.

Many years ago, my father left a piece of his soul in your country. Ang puting tao sabi, "Diyos sa iyo"

7. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Hahahaha! Thanks for the offer, sir. I visit your side of the world quite often and would be glad to share a drink or two on my next trip. Preferably somewhere with a cage, ring, or a big parking lot in the back so we can invite our undereducated friend.

Glad to hear your dad had good memories of the Philippines. Give us a heads up if you plan to visit.

"God be with you too.", says the brown man with the big stick.

#47 bikethief, Oct 4, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  8. Clutch Cargo

Will do, my friend!

9. mad.gunsmith

mad.gunsmith Life NRA member
    Silver Member
    1. The Outpost Lounge

well how cheep will depend on the open market
    I will say that for a new glock $450 up to $600 no where near the $1000
    no permit like we do in Texas unless you want to carry
    CHL is $250 for 4 years
    and when we get constitutional carry $0.00

10. Make the PTC too expensive and it will be seen as for the rich only. You dont want it to be too cheap as well that everyone will just want to have one for the sake of it

11. i could live with that. especially that CHL fee and 4 year schedule.

TX got it good.

12. i agree with jim, people rarely value things which are freely given away.

As for the high cost of licensing and issuance of permits making it seem elitist, it might do that but then again the FEO/FED is not in the business of creating an egalitarian society.

Let's face it, legal gun owners are in fact a select group already anyway and I don't see anything wrong with that. It takes a certain kind of character to freely decide to carry the privilege, burden, and responsibility of being armed in polite society. Guns are for some.

13. Why do you expect shooting incidents to go up with the easy availability of firearms? Does the presence of a firearm somehow make people more prone to employ lethal force for no reason? Because if people are not killing each other in droves now, what would change with the presence of a gun?

Are these hordes of unwashed masses you speak of killing each other with tire irons and other things in such alarming numbers? Why not call for a ban on tire irons and have special tire iron police who shall be the only ones allowed to carry tire irons and who shall loosen and tighten lug bolts for us so we remove that thing that causes uneducated people to attack and kill each other?

When you get angry, do you tend to want to shoot people?

If not, what makes you assume other people will do that?

If you do, you have no business advocating who should and should not be owning firearms.

Speaking of education, it looks like yours did not include the study of logic and logical fallacies. Lack of education and discourteousness does not necessarily mean that that person will now purchase firearms and use them for no good reason if they were any less expensive. It simply does not follow-Non Sequitur. If someone called for education in logic to be a requirement to own a firearm, and you were thus disqualified to own a firearm, how would you feel?

And since when was a formal education necessary to determine a self defense situation?

14. Only the rich can own guns? That's plain and simple discrimination!

The real question is this: is the individual responsible and fit to own a firearm?

#54 isuzu, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012
  15. :thumbsup:

16. I agree. I believe a man's capacity to pay is never a good measure of that man's responsibility, principles or integrity!

17. Sorry, double-posted!

#57 DocBob, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  18. PMMA97

PMMA97 MNSAmessdetail

:thumbsup:

19. wow this thread is still alive? sorry randr but your logic is so flawed. i won't bother to try to change your mind because you seem to be completely sold on this idea. i just wanna say that people like you are dangerous. i hope you don't end up in government :upeyes:

20. :thumbsup:

This nails it. This is where all these checkings and requirements should revolve around. Determining the suitability of a person to own one.

#60 jimbullet, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012