close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

why have i not heard about this before now?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by BEER, Feb 10, 2012.

1. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    just ran across this red dot for the first time. it looks light and compact, has gotten pretty good reviews from what i can find, and at under 400$ it looks like a killer deal considering it's a trijicon. i mean it's no acog, but it's still trijicon.

whenever i see new guys ask about optics i hear the same old list of suggestions so i'm really curious about this one. did it just slip in under everybody's radar or what?

http://www.txgundealer.com/Trijicon-Rmr-Dual-Ilum-9Moa-Amb-Dot-TRRM05.htm

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  2. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    9moa red dot? Might as well create a red dot in brail for those that are truly blind.

:tongueout:

3. Disregarded9-side

Disregarded9-side Armchair IPSCer

Oct 18, 2008
    North Carolina
    9MOA is for a pistol only. It would being found on an open-class IPSC pistol.

4. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    As everyone stated, for pistol. I mean you could mount it somehow on a rifle, but 9moa is really big.

I believe quantico tactical has a trijicon reflex with arms mount right now for 417. Its a model thats being discontinued so its on closeout.

5. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    They do make the RMR with smaller dots. I've considered one of the tritium/fiber ones for a lightweight SBR upper.

6. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    well unfortunately my iriginal post had a link to a site that gt apparently dosen't allow or something because it censored the first half of the name. on that website this exact model was show with rail mounting options so i assumed it was intended for rifles.

all my previous optics have been magnified crosshair style reticles. whatever i pick will be my first actual red dot style optic, so what is the optimum size for the dot when mounted on a rifle?

7. Smaller the better. I wouldn't want anything larger than 3 or 4MOA, personally.

8. txgunguy

txgunguy

Dec 14, 2007
    DFW, Texas
    I just ordered an aimpoint pro. 389 shipped with a 2moa dot. Eotech also makes most of their models with a single 1moa dot.

9. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I prefer my old tried & true Comp M2. Been using the 4moa dot for years.

10. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    That 4MOA dot starts to suck at 150+ yards. I was VERY happy to see Aimpoint announce a 2MOA Micro at Shot - it's what I will be replacing my M2 with.

11. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  12. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Yeah I grabbed one of those too. Thought I was only in it for like $390 and then a LaRue mount showed up at my door and then a cover. How it became a $500+ sight really fast for me.