Why do you need to carry a gun?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Luvdux, Mar 2, 2012.

1. So what is your favorite Answer to the question "why do you need to carry a gun?"

Obviously many need to, police and such, but For the ccw what is your answer?

My buddy asked me a few weeks back and I said "I don't NEED to, and I AIM to keep it that way." corney but got a laugh out of him.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    IWB Carry Help Needed Carry Issues Aug 7, 2015
    What topic needs discussion in Carry Issues? Uncategorized Feb 3, 2009
    What topic needs discussion in Carry Issues? Uncategorized Feb 3, 2009
    May need to carry of left side for weak hand on Harley. The Okie Corral May 14, 2015
    URGENT Action Needed - Campus Carry intentionally stalled in FL Senate Gun-Control Issues Apr 2, 2015

3. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator.
    CLM

In case I need to shoot somebody or something. Is there really another reason?

4. Tang419

Tang419 Glock is GUUD

Why do I NOT need a carry gun ? How about you tell me that first. :shocked:

5. Because carrying a Cop is too inconvienient.

6. Because evil DOES EXISTS in its two forms; Spiritual and Physical. If you don't belive me, I can point you to the many articles about happily married husbands killing entire family (even babies involved) and self. I cannot find any other explanation for that. I prepare myself and my family for the Spiritual battle, but I also prepare myself for the Physical one; against evil.

7. CVN76

--Because I can.

--Just in case of an emergency...crazy Pit Bull attacks, someone tries to rob me, if some psycho-idiot starts shooting people at the store I am at I can shoot back, if my car breaks down in a bad part of town or in the middle of nowhere then it may be handy.

--If I came back to my house and someone has broken in, I already have a gun.

--To be able to defend myself until the police get there.

8. Agree with all the above. I might add that carrying a pistol is a whole lot more intelligent than DENIAL.

9. SCmasterblaster

Millennium Member

Because I am highly trained regarding firearms. If I was ever in a situation where one was needed, and I was unarmed, I would be embarassed to death and ashamed.

10. Because I am legally able to, because I am well versed in firearms and their use, know the law. Because I believe in the principles of self defense. Because the bad guy can be anywhere and I want a fighting chance. Because the Declaration of Independance tells me I the right to" Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness" and a bad guy may try to take one or all.

11. Why do I put on underwear, socks and wear a watch? Why do I own a shovel, skil saw, and crescent wrench?

12. Tang419

Tang419 Glock is GUUD

lmao, priceless :rofl:

13. Irelander

Irelander Glocker

Because it is the right and duty of every law abiding citizen to protect themselves and their loved ones. Carrying a gun is the most efficient way to do that.

14. powder86

powder86 SHOOT SAFE!

that pretty much covers the bases.
    plus, i'm just not an mma fighter. i can defend myself against one unarmed attacker, but i can't take on more than that at once. if a group attacks me, i need something to even the odds.

#13 powder86, Mar 2, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  15. Because I would much rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it!

That's my justification to that question every time I'm asked. I may have to use the carrying a cop one though that's pretty dang funny!!!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. barth

barth six barrels

I choose life.

17. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

This should be in Carry Issues....but, anyways

I usually respond with something like, "I hope I don't have to use my spare tire, but I carry it" or, "I hope I don't have to use insurance, but I carry it", you get the idea.

18. The Constitution gives me the right and I enjoy guns so a good match for me. Hope to never need it though.

19. Dave Nowlin

Dave Nowlin Fisher of Men

Why do you carry insurance of any kind? I invite the OP to answer that. When you do , apply the same rationale to carrying a gun.

20. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

I carry because, it has been proven beyond all doubts that I need deadly force in Cincinnati, Ohio.

21. ^^ being a cincinnati native myself, I couldn't agree more. Also, because its my right to do so. There are a lot of screwed up people in this world and I know if im carrying, I have a hell of a lot better chance of defending myself.

Sam

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine