close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Why do Sons Of Guns think they can make a more reliable piston AR?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Javelin, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    HK can't do it, SIG, LWRC, so why on earth would a hillbilly outfit of missfits think they can honestly hand some kid that has no experience on the AR platform a project to recreate and make the gun more reliable than an AK... or a direct impingement AR for that matter.

Stupid. I am done watching that show.

2. JHorner_G17C

JHorner_G17C ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 4, 2007
    Nebraska
    Agreed! Watching that crap just makes my blood boil!

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
  4. CrookCounty

CrookCounty Trolling Noob

To get people interested in seeing if they can actually do it, which will make them watch the shows, boost their ratings, get them a new contract and allow these morons be on TV for longer....TURN THE CHANNEL!

5. gommer

gommer

Feb 20, 2011
    Well, I certainly agree the show sucks. It makes me want to pull my eyes from their sockets and chew on them. Truly.

However, I never fault anyone for giving an honest effort. Truthfully, our educational system is great at teaching our children all of the things they can not do.

The thing is, sometimes that idiot that didn't know they couldn't do something is just the idiot that gets it done.

Maybe that's why God made so many stupid people - so there'd still be people trying to do what everyone else already told them can't be done.

:dunno:

6. bmoore

bmoore

Jan 15, 2006
    Under a regime.
    That show is horrible. I turn the channel.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  7. ronin.45

ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    NE OHIO
    It's funny that they are going to "revolutionize" the AR by dropping in a piston conversion kit. Especially when they can't even get it running before they take it to the desert!:rofl:

8. illrooster132

illrooster132

Sep 8, 2007
    miami
    that show and the kardashian stuff is way over due for cancellation . makes me puke!

9. t1tan

t1tan

Dec 8, 2004
    Because theyre idiots...

I walked into the day room of my fire station one night where the guys were watching it telling me I'd love it being a "gun guy". I walked out a minute later and checked the rigs over until it was over.

10. Cambo

Cambo

Jun 19, 2006
    Texas
    The only reason to watch it is to be amazed at how poorly a business can be run and to tear it apart with commentary. I am still in awe that they could lose 10 machine guns(I am sure that will never be mentioned although it would be good for ratings!!).

11. esh325

esh325

Sep 28, 2011
    Who says H&K can't do it? Can't comment on Sig and LWRC. I haven't heard of issues with the HK416. Many countries wouldn't be buying them if that were the case. The HK416 is probably the most proven piston AR there is at the moment. As far as Redjacket making a good piston AR, I think you're right that they probably lack the expertise. They are just gunsmiths, not gun designers.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  12. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    I don't know why HK can't do it. I don't work for HK. But I do know this:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2009/04/03/hk416-production-suspended/

13. Rexzilla

Rexzilla Hoosier

May 22, 2002
    Indy
    Change the channel...not worth the time watching it. I am an ole fart and I can't believe all the myths they want people to buy in to when buying guns or doing conversions. The show reminds me of the times I have walked in to a gun shop when there is a "mall ninja" selling guns loaded down with all sorts of ordinance just waiting for a zombie attack....I walk out of those places.
    I want to talk to old gunsmiths to learn...what breaks and really does need to be replaced...not mod something up so it is unusable.

...just my two bits...

14. esh325

esh325

Sep 28, 2011
  15. Cletus

Cletus

Mar 9, 2011
    Atlanta
    I don't mind watching the show because it is more entertaining than most shows on tv right now. But I agree it looks like they just put a bunch of magpul parts and other after market parts together and call it a new custom ar.

16. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Ok but the Army is not buying anymore of them. So one or 100 incidents - they don't have a US contract any longer.

Sons of Guns obviously is not getting a contract either.

:wavey:

17. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    From what I've read and seen on shows like Tac TV, ect. there already are some very reliable pistol ARs on the market. Why Red Jacket would try to reinvent the wheel is a mystery to me. Also, with so many quality AR lowers on the market why in heck did they have to mill a new lower. Why not just buy an already make lower to do the build? Only reason I've started watching this stupid show again is because of the drama between Vince and Chris.

18. notjustanothermini

notjustanothermini 'OP'

Aug 11, 2011
    red jacket is pretty proffesional outfit, what you see on a 30min. tv show and what actually goes on is worlds apart.

these guys have years of satisfied customers, serious accounts and such.

they need to make building guns more TV friendly, so they add drama, kid trying to poke his daughter, yada yada yada.

but "imma take me this ar and put good aftermarket parts on it and call it out new weapons system" is stupid.

how bout "MOB WIVES"

19. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Yeah it looks like a Bushmaster retrofit drop in. But I didn't want to say anything

:rofl:

20. I'm sure all the drama is just to keep watchers coming back for more. I stopped watching it yesterday for good, the guy with all the tats and sandles just annoys the crap out of me so no more sons of guns for me!