Why do I need a BHP?

Discussion in 'The Browning Hi Power Club' started by Mushinto, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Actually, the only one ofBrowning's innovations that made it to the final P35 design was the clocked breech. Pretty much the rest of the final pistol, including the staggered high capacity magazine was all Dieudonné Saive.

Browning died in 1926 and the HiPower was completed in 1935.

And I'm not knocking the BHP, I had two of them.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 HexHead, Feb 22, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

I asked him to put on Yost Retro sights, or the best equivalent and a matching front sight.

I will post pics when it gets back.

3. Looking forward to the pics :cool:

4. I like the HP,but I carry a Sig 226 9mm and if not that my second chioce of 9mm is a Glock. Much more robust and reliable than the old Browning design. Once the top of the 9mm food chain,but now at or near the bottom of todays 9mm,s the Highpower is a good safe queen.

5. BHP, safe queen? OMG, now you've done it!

6. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

I think the Hi Power is as good as it gets for a semi auto handgun.

7. Any pics, yet? This club needs some love! The BHP is a great carry gun that can give you a full size pistol that's slightly smaller than a goverment 1911, and carry 15+1 (mec-gar mags are awesome!). Great shooter, can have an awesome trigger, smooth as butter, awesome aesthetics and ergonomics, and doesn't have to be heavy. What's not to like? Newer polymer guns are awesome too, but it's re-inventing the wheel that already rolled pretty smooth. Nothing wrong with making it get better gas or lighter, but it doesn't mean the old one is any less good.

Mine needs a re-finish :upeyes: Some day when it gets a front sight dove-tail, I will.
    [​IMG]

#27 Veedubklown, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012
  8. Mushinto

Mushinto Master Member

Oops, I forgot about this post.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Chuck Rogers is awesome.