Glock Talk banner

Why do I need a BHP?

9K views 27 replies 18 participants last post by  Mushinto 
#1 ·
A friend asked me to sell this for him.

Well, I can't get it out of my hand, so I may as well own it.

See less See more
#4 ·
IMO, the BHP feels better in the hand then almost any other pistol. It is a classic and would be a great addition to your collection. What is he trying to get out of it?
I agree.

I bought him a NIB Glock 17 and he was happy.

Although I am not a fan of the 9mm, if the zombies come, this is my go-to pistol.

#7 ·
You only need a BHP if you all ready have a S&W 952, a SIG P210, a Glock 17, a CZ75, a SIG 226, a HK USP, a S&W1911 pro 9, a UZI, then maybe just to try something different you could get a BHP. I had one in in 40 S&W and did not keep it for long. It was a two tone job with rubber grips. I think I'd like to get a old classic blue with wood grips in 9mm.

#8 ·
I have lots of handguns and the Hi-Power is one of my very favorites.

Why? Mine have been super reliable, accurate, feel good in the hand, no stupid grip safety to worry about, good ammo capacity, and they have a lot of personality to them that most modern guns totally lack. Oh yeah, they also look great.

#11 ·

Why? Mine have been super reliable, accurate, feel good in the hand, no stupid grip safety to worry about, good ammo capacity, and they have a lot of personality to them that most modern guns totally lack. Oh yeah, they also look great.

The stupid grip safety was made to keep "stupid" from having a 1911!!!
:tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:

#12 ·
The stupid grip safety was made to keep "stupid" from having a 1911!!!
:tongueout::tongueout::tongueout:
Well I know you are not talking 'bout me 'cause I've got a few 1911's as well, that's how I know their shortcomings.

You can go to youtube and watch Mr. Hickok45 -TRY- and shoot a table full of 45's without getting malfunctions. Sad to say it doesn't happen.

#14 ·
Well I know you are not talking 'bout me 'cause I've got a few 1911's as well, that's how I know their shortcomings.

You can go to youtube and watch Mr. Hickok45 -TRY- and shoot a table full of 45's without getting malfunctions. Sad to say it doesn't happen.

I have 12 (1 if your related to my wife).
Never have a problem and I shoot reloads and factory Walmart stuff.

#16 ·

Nice P-7s

#21 · (Edited)
You need one because it's a John Browning masterpiece.
Actually, the only one ofBrowning's innovations that made it to the final P35 design was the clocked breech. Pretty much the rest of the final pistol, including the staggered high capacity magazine was all Dieudonné Saive.

Browning died in 1926 and the HiPower was completed in 1935.

And I'm not knocking the BHP, I had two of them.

#24 ·
I like the HP,but I carry a Sig 226 9mm and if not that my second chioce of 9mm is a Glock. Much more robust and reliable than the old Browning design. Once the top of the 9mm food chain,but now at or near the bottom of todays 9mm,s the Highpower is a good safe queen.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.