close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why Didn’t Snowden Go through “Proper Channels” to Blow the Whistle?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ruble Noon, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon
    Expand Collapse
    "Cracker"

2. Hyksos

Hyksos
    Expand Collapse

Because Obama has prosecuted more whistleblowers thus far than all other presidents combined?

3. JFrame

JFrame
    Expand Collapse

Here you go:

I am reminded of that woman whistle-blower with the State Department who had agents from State show up at her door and threaten her children.

4. barbedwiresmile

barbedwiresmile
    Expand Collapse
    Unreconstructed

Lmao "the proper channels". Would that be congress who authorized it, the supreme court who justified it, or the secret courts that enabled it?

Oh I know, someone call the police!

5. The Machinist

The Machinist
    Expand Collapse
    No Compromise

The proper channels are designed to protect the state. All of the shills here who claim Snowden is a traitor already know this. They just get off on seeing the government flex its muscle over the citizenry.

6. snerd

snerd
    Expand Collapse

Better that right counsels be known to enemies than that the evil secrets of tyrants should be concealed from the citizens. They who can treat secretly of the affairs of a nation have it absolutely under their authority; and as they plot against the enemy in time of war, so do they against the citizens in time of peace. - Baruch Spinoza

7. Mrs. Tink

Mrs. Tink
    Expand Collapse
    Semper Fidelis

Members of Congress, notably Justin Amash, have pointed out that there WERE NO "proper channels." Legislation to create one is probably DOA.

8. czsmithGT

czsmithGT
    Expand Collapse

In watching to his taped interview with the Guardian again I'm beginning to believe he has some sort of guilt about being able to make so much money and live in such a nice place without actually doing any work that couldn't be accomplished by a trained monkey.

So to make amends he wanted to do something he perceived as heroic. But he didn't quite want to face up to the possibility of going to jail for his revelations as other true patriots have done, so he took as much stuff as he could steal and disappeared until he got his story out. He thought that would make him a hero absolving him of his guilt, and he could then trot off to Iceland and live happily ever after doing whatever job he could do.

But somewhere along the line reality got in his way and he learned that the Chinese, Russians, Cubans, Icelanders and Ecuadoreans were not the nice guys he had imagined- either they would use him or try to figure out how to keep from helping him.

Either that or he is just a spy.

9. Bruce H

Bruce H
    Expand Collapse

Probably because he likes living.

10. kirgi08

kirgi08
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

I was gonna suggest that he's heard of Vince foster,but Bruce did it with less words.'08.

11. The Machinist

The Machinist
    Expand Collapse
    No Compromise

Apparently, the only spies you like are the ones digging through your personal life.

12. Toyman

Toyman
    Expand Collapse

13. expatman

expatman
    Expand Collapse

There are no proper chanels that I am aware of. Other than calling your Congressman or Senator which would still be a violation of all signed non-disclosure agreements, whom else should he contact other than his immediate supervisor and still remain within the confines of his clearance status?

I ask this as a person who has worked and continues, off and on, to work in similar situations.

#13 expatman, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  14. IGotIt

IGotIt
    Expand Collapse
    No Demlibtards

When was the last time anyone went through proper channels that had something positive done without the fear of reprisal?

15. kirgi08

kirgi08
    Expand Collapse
    Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

His name was Vince Foster.'08. :50cal:

16. chickenwing

chickenwing
    Expand Collapse

This.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

17. czsmithGT

czsmithGT
    Expand Collapse

He had a history of alcohol and drug abuse and was depressed. The only eyewitness I have heard so far indicated he was driving at a high rate of speed and not being followed.

The investigation is ongoing and tox results are not yet available. Before I take the Alex Jones meme "he was murdered, there was a bomb in his car and someone was remotely controlling it" at face value I would have to see some evidence. Maybe it will come forward but you can be certain if no such evidence comes forth that he was murdered, many people will still be convinced it was murder followed by a law enforcement conspiracy to cover it up.

18. stevelyn

stevelyn
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

The feral govt is rotten and corrupt to the very core. How is going through the "proper channels" going to fix anything?

19. walt cowan

walt cowan
    Expand Collapse