close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Why carry with a round in the chamber...

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Quack, Mar 16, 2011.

1. cole

cole Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Illustrative video. Seems odd anyone needs to see it to understand the concept. Buy the gun you feel comfortable chambered. Period.

2. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

Sep 15, 1999
    Wisconsin
    Are those the only video chunks she is in? In any case I was always a believer, that is just more evidence. She could have had two more seconds if she started screaming about the wasp on his head while drawing.

3. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    yep, but there are some out there that carry with an empty chamber and say that they can chamber a round fairly quickly, this video shows otherwise.

4. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    ???

She's on the forum, but i can't think of her screen name.

Edit: her screen name is lima.

now if my logic is correct, i think she is from/lives in Lima, OH, since she is good friends with an Instructor @ TDI (which is also in Ohio)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
  5. cole

cole Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Agreed. And, IMO, those are the same people that think the defensive encounters they imagine are the only ones they'll encouter.

6. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

Anything within 20 ft is waaay too close....

7. cole

cole Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Definately. I remember it this way: 21<1.2. That's 21 feet closure in less than 1.2 seconds from stationary. And, coincidentally, 1.2 seconds is on the fast end of reaction time. Discussion.

8. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

Ah, you know about Dennis Tueller. :)

9. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    I still can not understand why she let a guy in a hockey mask that close to her?! :dunno:

I mean dang,.......everyone ran from Jason, she didn't even scream when she saw him!

10. pnutcar

pnutcar MIZZOU TIGERS!

Mar 5, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    For a very new shooter/carrier, this is pretty powerful. Right now I carry a 17+0, just to get used to it, but cocked and locked while in the glove box.

11. drc767

drc767 Navy CSAR

Dec 30, 2007
    Tennessee
    And it looks like she knows what she is doing, too. Think of how much worse it would be for somebody that has no training in drawing their weapon under stress.

12. I haven't seen that video! That does make you think how quick things can go in a bad situation!

13. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    This. Some people get so married to a brand (GLOCK) or type of gun (1911) that they can't see past this. If you are not comfortable carrying either of these in their quickest safe method of deployment, then it's time to move on to a true DA (hammer fully down) auto or a revolver.
    $.02

14. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
  15. svtpwnz

svtpwnz

Nov 19, 2010
    SC
    +1 SHTF really fast for sure!:wow: