Glock Talk banner

Why aren't Sigs more popular?

20K views 101 replies 66 participants last post by  synthplayer 
#1 ·
Here in North Alabama Sig pistols aren't looked on very highly. They are top of the line guns, easy to work on, easy to fire. The only drawback I have is the shape of the grips, hard to get a really high hold with the thumbs high like on a 1911. I have the P220, P225, P226, P228 and P229. For the 40 S&W's I have 357 Sig barrels. I consider the Sigs to be the best guns I have. Why have they not caught on any better then they have?

#102 ·
I purchased my very first handgun in 2007 and I got a Sig. Having never fired a handgun before, I didn't really know what to look for. But firing it at the range was way fun! After shooting the first box of 50 rounds, I was getting them all within the 3 inch circle (from 75 feet). Then I purchased a Browning, 2 Rugers, and a Walther. At that point, I was convinced Sig just had the superior handguns. Then I read some lengthy articles about the Glock 19. I became convinced I had to have one and I purchased one. Well, I LOVE it. It's my EDC. If I was asked which I like better - the Sig or the G19, I would not be able to give a difinitive answer. They are of different worlds. I'll never part with either of them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.