close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Why are the polls tied all of a sudden?

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by sheriff733, Nov 1, 2012.

1. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007
    There has been a fairly substantial Romney lead in the polls up until now. What happened? Did Sandy really cause that much of a swing or is media bias at it again? Seems like overnight it went from 52%-48% popular vote to 49%-49%?

Discuss.

:wavey:

Sent with Probably Cause and Irrisputable Proof.

2. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    It's the MSM's contribution to the Democrat "get out the vote" effort.

3. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Gallup still has Romney up 51-46 among likely voters. That is about the same percentage Romney leads among those who have already voted.

4. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    People don't want to change horses in the middle of a stream... or a flood... or "The Mother of All Storms."

Also... when conservatives nominate idiots who pontificate needlessly on abortion and other hot button moral topics, they hoist themselves on their on petard. The demokrats don't have to do anything at all except stand aside and watch the idiots have a blast. It's the sort of shock that leaves some folks saying awe.... shucks!

5. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Polls are nothing more than unreliable political gimmicks this close to an election.

6. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  7. Vic777

Vic777

Jan 23, 2006
    I'm real curious about this also, America is full of fraud and corruption. The Liar in Chief is just the tip of the iceberg. Maybe the long road back will start on Nov 6th., or maybe the slide into oblivion will be complete. Can a Nation who elected Barney Frank and Chris Dodd and Ted Kennedy and both Clinton's survive? Did I mention Chuck Schumer? How about Al Franken?
    Fraud and corruption is everywhere you look from your local Town Council to the White House, the only cure is to reduce the size of Government.

And where there is no corruption there is just total incompetence.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012

8. Good post. Romney being on record saying some to the effect that he wanted to get rid of FEMA may have backfired as well. The storm damage covers thousands of square miles. I don't see any entity other than the federal government that can deal with a disaster of this magnitude. There are situations where the free market cannot work and we have to take a, "one for all and all for one" approach.

9. ModGlock17

ModGlock17

Dec 18, 2010
    DisneyWorld
    May be we should get ready for another 4 years of spiral stair case ??

I recommend investing in Gun and Ammo companies. The value of your personal arsenal WILL GO UP, while your networth WILL GO DOWN. Just Life.

10. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    blued steel..... the new precious metal.

Wonder if Kitco will include it.

Doc44

11. Skyhook

Skyhook

Nov 4, 2002
    USA

Did Romney actually say, or almost say he would 'get rid of FEMA'?
    NO.
    Here..http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...ral-involvement-paul-ryan-budget-scrutinized/

"Should FEMA be reformed to put a stronger emphasis on the states and less of an emphasis on federal aid?

“Absolutely,” said Mitt Romney during a June 13, 2011, GOP primary debate.

As a general rule, Romney added, it would be even better if the private sector could step in."

12. Paul7

Paul7 New Guy

Dec 16, 2004
    East of Eden
    Who would you rather have in charge of the rebuilding after Sandy, Barry or Romney? I'm pretty sure if Romney had been POTUS when the gulf oil spill happened it would have been capped much sooner.

13. Bingo......renamed the LSM.

14. IvanVic

IvanVic

Apr 19, 2012
    Rasmussen still has Romney leading by 2.

15. sheriff733

Nov 4, 2007
    Oh ok. I read an article a few hours ago that said they were tied. Of course it came from CNN, so I shouldn't be overly surprised.

16. JMag

JMag

Feb 7, 2001
    USA:Love it or leave!
    They are not tied. The MSM and current administration, working in unison, want us to believe that. Any incumbent "tied" in a national race is usually in a heap of trouble. Add to that the lagging economy, Benghazigate, and Obama fatigue and Romney may do to Obama what Reagan did to Carter. I sure hope so as we cannot afford four more.

17. That's a lot of double talk, He wouldn't get rid if it. He would just privatize it. If that had worked in the past, we wouldn't have FEMA.

18. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

... Kinda like the last 'jobs' report .... cooked to a fare-thee-well ... :upeyes:

19. sheriff733

Nov 4, 2007
    That's true.

Of course, the jobs report isn't even out yet and CNN is already reporting adding 158,000 jobs and first time unemployment claims down 9,000.

:upeyes:

20. jeanderson

jeanderson Toga!... Toga! Platinum Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Ohio
    And enthusiasm for Romney is much higher than for Obama. Which means the lead is essentially even greater.