close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why are atheists wary of Christians/Christianity?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Kentak, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Kentak

Kentak
    Expand Collapse

I see--so it's GUBMINT that must bring God into children's lives, cuz without that, parents, families, Sunday schools and churches just aren't able to the job.

What other parenting tasks would you like GUBMINT to take over from parents and families?

Edited to add: This is fascinating to me. What you seem to be saying is that the draw and message of Christianity is so weak, that it cannot flourish unless small children are indoctrinated by government schools and by posting religious commandments in government buildings. That is what you are saying. Right?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 Kentak, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
  2. Arc Angel

Arc Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Deus Vult!

:wow: Wow, that's quite a hatchet job, Ken! I'm surprised at the way you went behind my back with it, too. I almost missed it; but, I guess, The Good Lord wanted me to have a chance to respond. So, why don't we start HERE! and let everybody read the entire thread instead of only the part you want people to consider. (How's that!)

Years ago when we first started talking I realized that there is a lot of active anti-Christian hatred burning inside of you. Frankly, I don't know how you're able to live peacefully with yourself while feeding such a growing dark monster, like this, inside your head? :headscratch: :freak:

How is it that you so completely fail to recognize that it's not about politics? It's not about nation, either. Don't you realize the INTELLECTUAL IMPOSSIBILITY of attempting to honestly serve God, and mammon all at the same time?

It can't be done, Ken! :dunno:

It's about that God upon whose worship this nation was originally founded! Are you mad at me for trying to warn you that if you stay on your present downhill course your eternal soul really is going to be lost?

I suppose I should say something like, 'I'll pray for you;' but, quite frankly, I'm too much of a warrior for that. According to The Holy Bible the next time you meet The Lord Jesus Christ He'll have a sword in His hand; and He'll be too much of a warrior to pray for you, too.

You ought to try to save yourself, Buddy, before it's too late.

(This really is a remarkably underhanded sneaky thing for you to do; I think you should be ashamed of yourself for stooping to such a cheap angry ploy. The hatred inside you really is OBVIOUS!) :sadangel:

By the way, one thing I've got to THANK YOU for is the opportunity you've given me to witness for The Lord! (It is written that, 'God turns evil to good;' and, as far as I'm concerned, you just proved it! :thumbsup:

#22 Arc Angel, Dec 5, 2012
  3. Geko45

Geko45
    Expand Collapse
    Smartass Pilot
    CLM

I have, but I can count them on one hand.

#23 Geko45, Dec 5, 2012
  4. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

No, that's what you just said, not me.
    I never mentioned anything about the government.

Don't you read your own posts?

5. Kentak

Kentak
    Expand Collapse

Arc, do you think I didn't believe you'd find this thread. You made your post on a public forum--it's fair game to use to make a point.

It's the *views* about the relationship between church and state expressed in your post that was the thrust of my post. Many others hold similar views, you just expressed it so clearly and timely. If you take it as a personal attack--that's something I have no control over.

I think you are a terribly sincere, but very, very misguided individual. You really would be happier living in a Christian theocratic nation. But, America isn't that--and never was, and never was intended to be.

I would be interested in hearing your reaction to the points I made above in #3. Up to you of course.

The pleasure you take in anticipating my comeuppance when I meet your god is very apparent. I know that's important to you.

6. Kentak

Kentak
    Expand Collapse

Good Grief! Do you even understand your own words?

You said:

You do know that public schools are government schools, public buildings are government buildings, and only government can outlaw something?

#26 Kentak, Dec 5, 2012
  7. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Well, there you go!
    You figured it out!

I'm impressed.:rofl:

8. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

I read the post and I fail to find anything un-Amarican or anti-liberty in it.

He did not advocate (at least in that post) forcing anyone to do anything.

Your post on the other hand is seems to me to be fueled by fear and anger.

Regards,
    Comrade Happyguy :)

#28 happyguy, Dec 5, 2012
  9. Arc Angel

Arc Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Deus Vult!

No, Ken, what you did is, both, underhanded and vicious.

You certainly know me well enough to send me a PM in order to discuss whatever objections you have to anything I've said. We know each other well enough for you to have extended me that courtesy. (I would have done the same for you!)

Yes, I'm convinced that you tried to slip this one past me. You're a misguided, but not a stupid man; and you had some sort of covert personal agenda for not quoting me directly, and by name, rather than using an oblique web address, instead.

I'm not going to answer you any further than this. 'Wheat can't grow where it's choked out by tares.' Neither am I going to make the mistake of, 'giving that which is holy unto the dogs'. (Figuratively speaking, of course!) :)

Get this straight: I made no association between, 'church, and state' as you say. My thinking goes way beyond worldly institutions. I have directly alluded to THE HIGHER MORALITY OF GOD, instead.

If, as originally written, you object to anything I've said, it's not something about, 'church, and state'. It's about divine ethics, men's souls, and personal moral behaviors. (You clearly missed that; didn't you!)

I'm, now, done with you, Ken. We're, both, older men. You go to God in your way; and I'll go to God in mine. I'm certain we'll get all this straightened out, then. You really should have kept your mouth shut, Buddy. As you're, soon enough, going to discover for yourself, it's never a good thing when a man testifies against himself.

If not civil courtesy, if not common sense, you should have demonstrated more, 'godly fear'. If angels really do exist, right now, not one of them has missed this most recent mistake you've made. ;)

10. muscogee

muscogee
    Expand Collapse

God tends to talk out of both sides of his mouth.

11. muscogee

muscogee
    Expand Collapse

Sounds like a Muslim extremists.

12. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

You should be afraid...very afraid!

Praise God.

:rofl::rofl:

Regards,

#32 happyguy, Dec 5, 2012
  13. muscogee

muscogee
    Expand Collapse

I am afraid....of religious fanatics.

14. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

Bolt your doors and arm yourself! The Methodists are at the gates!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Regards,

#34 happyguy, Dec 5, 2012
  15. happyguy

happyguy
    Expand Collapse
    Man, I'm Pretty

Once again you seem incapable or unwilling to acknowledge that God doesn't want his children to be victimized.

Regards,

16. Animal Mother

Animal Mother
    Expand Collapse
    Not Enough Gun

That has, for the most part, happened within the last 20 years. Is it your contention that before that time, the US was a " God-fearing, God-believing, and God-worshipping nation. "?

17. Guss

Guss
    Expand Collapse

A recent Gallup poll shows that the number of believers has held up well since then, so your fears are unfounded.

18. muscogee

muscogee
    Expand Collapse

Why is that? His kingdom isn't of this world. What happens to you in this world doesn't matter as long as you keep the faith. Enduring difficulty is a test of your faith, which you obviously don't have.

You really haven't read the Bible have you?

19. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

But that's contradictory to Matthew 5:38-48.

You never see anyone touting the virtues of being a pacifist.

20. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter
    Expand Collapse

Yeah... he sure does look after his people doesn't he.... Holocaust anyone?