close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Why all the hate for Bushmaster?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by WEATHERBY460, Dec 21, 2012.

1. WEATHERBY460

WEATHERBY460

Feb 18, 2005
    ILLINOIS
    I agree colt is a better built rifle, but of all the makers of ar type guns now, I am surprised how much negative comments I am reading about the bushmaster. I thougt 10 years ago Bushmaster was better then even the Colt? What went wrong?

2. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Freedom group bought them out, quality went downhill. Look at the ACR as a perfect example of Bushmaster ruining a decent design.

Sent from the USS Sulaco.

3. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy
    A good manufacturer bought out by a company just concerned
    about a profit margin. This will turn the highest quality product
    to the worst in short time.

4. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    no hate here. i'm quite happy with mine. it does what i want it to do. shoots well, reliable, didn't spend the national debt buying it. let a friend shoot it that was shocked how well it performed, verses what it cost.

5. I spent $700 on mine and couldn't be happier! Stays in my patrol car all day long ad still goes bang when I pull the trigger.

6. Leper

Leper

Dec 16, 2012
    Go to youtube and search for the video of Hitler finding out how much the new Bushmaster is going to cost. That sums up how I feel about the company.

7. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Hate? Maybe todays in environment but back in thw day i remember Bushmaster being one of the top 3 rifles you would see in a police cruiser. (Colt/Bushmaster/DPMS) I also remember when CMMG was what BCM is today.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

8. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    aren't they the guys that do tactical bacon? if so, they deserve the nobel prize. connect guns and bacon.

throw in coffee, and you hit the trifecta right there.

9. mvician

mvician Lifetime Member

Jun 8, 2007
    NW Indiana

CMMG was never the BCM of it's day, the only claim to any fame is when they sold "bargain bin rifles".

10. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA

They are all evil! The black rifles contain evil spirits that cause people to kill....Didn't you get the memo?

11. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    [​IMG]

My two 'black rifles" must be defective. No evil spirits, never tried to bite me, attack my kids, wife, etc....

:dunno:

12. crazymoose

crazymoose Nonentity

Feb 9, 2005
    It's not so much that Bushmaster has gotten worse (although, under Cerberus' management, they may well have), it's that other companies now offer a better product for the same price or cheaper.

With all the companies out there now whose rifles conform to the M16 and M4 TDP, there's no reason, in my opinion, to buy a rifle that is not "to spec," unless it's a whole lot cheaper- which companies like Bushmaster and Rock River are not. In fact, they're often pricier than other, better options.

Also, Bushmaster essentially killed the ACR/Masada, by making it too expensive, removing much of the modularity (remember the lowers that were supposed to take AK mags?), failing to come out with new barrels of different lengths and calibers, and deciding that the new, improved Remington version would not be sold on the civilian market.

So, long story short, Bushmaster/Freedom Group/Cerberus can all go suck it. Now that Cerberus has cut ties, maybe more competent management will take over. Time will tell.

13. bigmoney890

bigmoney890

Nov 8, 2011
    Boone, NC
    Well now that Cerberus is selling the freedom group, maybe someone that's concerned with quality will start purchasing these companies? :dunno:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  14. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan CLM

Nov 24, 2005
    Troy

Yes, they have gotten MUCH worse!

15. marvin

marvin sci-fi nut

Mar 26, 2001
    greentown ind.

you mean they haven't bite you "yet":whistling:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  16. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

May 24, 2000
    Beaumont,Texas
    They "know" who their master is.......

:cool:

17. Spiffums

Spiffums I.C.P.

Sep 30, 2006
    Throwing in the old "some people are just trying to convince themselves they didn't overpay for a pic of a young horse".

For what 99% of the AR15 owners do, a DMPS/Bushmaster/Rock River/et al will do just fine for their range plinking and zombie killing.

18. I think it's more tribalism than anything. That is just the way tribes operate. Look how the Glock fan boys act. Perhaps Bushmaster represents a bigger threat to the brand whores because Bushmaster sells more, or makes a decent product for the money. Who knows. If you spend more for bragging rights, maybe it's just natural to do the reverse of bragging, and attack the strongest competitor. :dunno: I've never understood the tribal aspect, but maybe it goes back to the competitiveness men seem to have.

From the other perspective, people take shots at "dancing pony", and IMO, a Colt is a damn fine value for the money. But if you don't want to spend $250 extra, I cannot blame you.

I'm one of these who don't care what black rifle you own, I'm just glad you own one. I see you owning any AR as common ground (you are not a Fudd) between us. If more people were more mature about it, we would be a much tighter knit community.

The thing that gets me is that I own Colt and BCM. I'm not spending more for Noveske, but I'm not in N. Dallas. I don't have a drop leg holster with a 30 round Glock magazine either. I would like to get a Daniel Defense, if not for the panic. If we don't get a ban, I probably will.

But I don't slam people for buying DPMS, BM, Stag, RRA, or any other. I own BM, Stag, and RRA, and have never had a problem with them. I am not going to paint a Colt or BCM for coyote hunting. I will NOT buy an Olympic, but that is for reasons other than the AR.

19. USMCgs3

USMCgs3

Aug 10, 2011
    Ah, you again. Cant leave it alone can you?

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

20. Stang_Man

Stang_Man

Dec 3, 2006
    TX
    I just bought my first AR, a Bushmaster!

I figured if theres anything I don't like about it, I can just swap it out ;)