close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Whos from St. Louis?

Discussion in 'Midwest Glockers' started by jjtroutbum, Jan 24, 2008.

1. stilinsm

stilinsm

Mar 28, 2009
    newbie from Oakville (south county).

Went to the show today...Parking was terrible, way over crowded, and prices too high.

Left and went down the street to Nassau and parked right in front, walked right up to the counter and picked up a new Judge ss ultra for $499. Significantly cheaper than any price at the show.

The goof-balls attending that Japanese anime show were amusing though.

2. The anime show was crazy. The few I saw was a girl dressed like a cat with ears and a tail, another girl was about 240 lbs wearing baby clothes with a pacifier, another guy was dressed as a superhero with tin foil and red tights. I really thought it was weird with that going on and all these people buying and selling real guns in the next room.

3. jjtroutbum

jjtroutbum Armedflyfishing

Jan 23, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    I haven't been to a gun show in many years and rarely go to any type of show.(Car, boat, motorcycle, or hunting and fishing) anymore. They all seem to be lame over priced with no deals to be had and if it wasn't for new and proto types. I would not be tempted to go to any type show again.

That said I went too my first pipe (tobacco smoking) show this year. And It was awesome filled with great people, prices, vendors and I really enjoyed it.

4. ipfreely123

ipfreely123 something witty CLM

Jan 7, 2008
    Herky, mo
    Hey guys here is a heads up for all the STL people. Check out this site. I stumbled across it last week.

Aparently the guy who created the site got tired of his gun postings on CL getting flagged. It is VERY new and the site needs some work but it looks like it could be a good resource for buying and selling guns.

http://stlguntrader.webs.com/

5. ronniestl

ronniestl

Apr 17, 2009
    I'm a newbie as well living out in Wentzville. Going to Nassau Sporting Goods today or tomorrow to pick up my first Glock 23. Actually, this will be my first handgun. Can't wait to get out and shoot it. I'm also taking the CCW class this weekend.

Love the site. Lots of good info.

6. ipfreely123

ipfreely123 something witty CLM

Jan 7, 2008
    Herky, mo
    So did you get your 23? Have you gotten to shoot it yet?

7. ronniestl

ronniestl

Apr 17, 2009
    Yeah, I picked it up Friday from Nassau and went out Saturday afternoon and shot it. Only had 50 rounds of target ammo though. When I bought it on Friday, Nassau didn't have any target ammo so I didn't get to shoot it as much as I would've liked. Great gun though. I love it.

8. jjtroutbum

Jan 23, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    Anyone ever see BreakFree LP around St. Louis? I can get CLP, Powder blast, and bore cleaner but cant seem to find LP anywhere.

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  9. XDM_OWNER

XDM_OWNER

May 10, 2009
    St. Peters
    Just joined seems like a nice place. St. Peters area here.............

10. MoCop

MoCop

Jan 2, 2005
    Missouri
    Welcome aboard, XDM Owner!!
    It's good to see people in the St. Charles Co. area on this board. I'm a St. Charles City resident. You'll enjoy your stay.:cool:

11. XDM_OWNER

XDM_OWNER

May 10, 2009
    St. Peters
    Was up at Logan yesterday shooting on my lunch break. And was talking to the Ranger. I was telling him how nice the place looked no trash, nothing sitting at have range with a billion holes in it. It turns out they clean the place up on Tuesday's at least I m pretty sure that's what he said. He told me you wouldn't beleave what they have taken of this range, car hoods, doors, clothes dummies, wooden crates, stuffed animals, all kinds of stuff. I guess it keeps the job interesting, he didnt seem to mind..........

[​IMG]

Ahh the Bush's Im not sure which is worse

12. mister happy

mister happy Lefty

Mar 18, 2009
    STL
    How's ammo availability? Who in STL region has the best stock?

13. jjtroutbum

Jan 23, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    Its still a crap shoot but seems to be getting better most places and caliber unless you any .380 or .45auto fairly priced that is.

Where are you located? I may have a couple of tips.

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  14. jjtroutbum

Jan 23, 2008
    St. Louis Mo
    Anyone have a sight pusher around south county. Thinking I am going to order some new sights and would rather not beat on night sights.

15. MidwestKimber

MidwestKimber

May 22, 2009
    I don't think there is alot of Missouri people on Glocktalk posting because most of them post over at www.missouricarry.com

Missouricarry.com does a good job and is a political force in this state.

16. jjtroutbum

Jan 23, 2008
    St. Louis Mo