close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Who's been to their state's Grand Lodge?

Discussion in 'Freemason's Lodge' started by Chuck66, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Chuck66

Chuck66 Traveling Man

Mar 10, 2004
    East TN
    I belong in VA, even though I live in TN. I've been to see the outside of TN's Grand Lodge in Nashville, which is very beautiful, but I've not been inside it, and I haven't seen even the outside of VA's.

I also noticed that a lot of the other buildings in down town Nashville also had Masonic emblems on them. For instance, the huge Baptist church across the st from the Grand Lodge has the Square and Compass in it's cornerstones, which I found pretty odd, but also very neat.

2. JayPap

JayPap NRA Life Member Millennium Member

Dec 31, 1998
    The Fox Hole
    I've been to mine a very beautiful building.

You should visit your's, I'd be suprised if they did'nt want to give you a tour. Jay

3. grecco

grecco

Sep 12, 2004
    philadelphia pa
  4. I attended a Grand Lodge Communication two weeks after being Raised back in 1977.tom.;)

5. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5

Jul 7, 2003
    I've been to the Grand Lodge of Texas, but not during an actual session. I plan to go this year.

6. blue0623

blue0623 2B1ASK1

May 17, 2006
    Garland, Texas
    I have been but is was a long time ago when i was younger, me dad is a mason also, now that I am I want to go back!!

7. joefred

joefred

Jun 12, 2000
    Pennsylvania
    I have been to mine in Philly several times, it is an Awesome building to see. They have been doing a lot of remodeling over the last several years so I would like to go back again soon.

8. Clark's 22

Clark's 22

Aug 24, 2006
    Kansas
    I have been to mine, I was raised in my State Capital so I did not have to travel to go there. It was very beautiful and also very informative.

I am a history buff so the historical records really interested me.
    I give a big :thumbsup: and highly recommend it to anyone who has the chance to visit.

9. jrr6602

jrr6602

Dec 27, 2006
    Grand Prairie, Tx
    The Grand Lodge of Texas is in Waco, Texas I have been going there since I was a 14 year old DeMolay. The Grand Lodge meets the first week of December each and I was able to attend Grand Lodge in 1986. There a lot of Masonic items tracing the formation of the Grand Lodge of Texas in 1836.

10. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

Nov 4, 2004
    NH
    I have been to My GL too many times and atleast twice a year.

11. jack the toad.

jack the toad.

Jul 11, 2004
    Oklahoma
    I'm going to 89er Days at Guthrie today and plan on touring the GL there. I've never been in it but it's a beautiful building from the outside.
    2007 is Okla's State Centennial but 1889 was the first land run.

12. Gunfitr

Gunfitr

Jun 30, 2005
    S.C.
    South Carolina will hold annual communication of GL this Thursday and Friday at Jamil Shrine Center (Temple) in Columbia. I'll be there. Always an interessting experience. The actual GL building is in Lexington. We just dedicated the Masonic museum there two Satudays ago.

May peace and harmony prevail.