close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Who won!!

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Ace90, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Ace90

Ace90

Aug 7, 2011
    missouri
    Ok so there are quite a few threads about the vp debate goin on here but I want to know who you all thought won. I turned on MSNBC just to keep an open mind and they think Biden blew Ryan away, I completely disagree, what do you all think?

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. Biden's clown antics won't win over any independents or undecideds, but he probably cheered up some dispirited union goons who were in his pocket anyway.

:deadhorse:

3. Chronos

Chronos

Nov 26, 2007
    Obama probably got a little more out of it than Romney did, due mainly to the way the last one left off. But I imagine the whole thing will register mostly as a WTF.

4. PaulMason

PaulMason

Feb 10, 2010
    The abortion question showed the moderator's prejudice.

I don't think the VP debate mean much.

5. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I'd say it will be perceived as a draw.

Biden's mannerisms were obvious and not well received. However he kept Ryan on the defense, with the help of Martha.

6. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    ryan serious, biden ...weird..he sold the you gotta be crazy look everytime ryan was speaking.... biden laughing during the nuke-mideast discussion p-issed me off...the mideast in chaos is not a laughing matter and this administration is responsible

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  7. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    Krauthammer pretty much said what I was thinking

8. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Krauthammer said that if you read a transcript, you'd think it was a draw.

If you listened to the radio, you might think Biden won.

If you watched it on TV, you'll likely come away preferring Ryan.

Assuming the majority of people watched the televised debate, it would favor Ryan.

9. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    He also said that it set the foundation for the next two big debates. Biden was the attack dog sent in to test the enemy's defenses. They really don't care how nasty he looks. He was there to test the other extreme so they can decide where to gauge Obama in the next debate.

10. coastal4974

coastal4974

Nov 2, 2009
    No winner but Biden looked liked the village idiot with his laughing about Americans getting killed for no reason in wars that we cant win

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  11. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    Yep considering Joe has way more experience at debates I think Ryan did well ! With Biden and his pompus attitude I give it to Ryan .:supergrin:

12. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC

Nail it! ^^^

If one like`s "Joker juice kool-aid" they would of liked biden

13. automatic slim

automatic slim Walmart Shopper

May 28, 2007
    Disputed Territory
    I could make about 20 minutes, and that was all I could take.

Jo-Jo doesn't seem to take anything seriously. We all know he's an idiot, but his little laughs at some serious damn stuff, that made me "like" the guy even more.:steamed:

Ryan is a young'un. He talks too fast. He reminded me of some guitar players I know, trying to play 100 notes, when you only need one.

I could not stand it when the Jo-Jo and the woman started ganging up on Paul Ryan. I got disgusted and turned the TV off.

14. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

I personally think most people will consider it a draw but they will also think Biden is an ass.

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

15. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    I dont know about you but I definitely look to Charles Krauthammer for unbiased political commentary. He's a bastion of impartiality.

^That's a joke.

Ryan looked timid while Biden looked arrogant. Arrogance beats timidity every time. Still not much substance to the debate but I did enjoy the foreign policy section.

16. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Oh...I dunno. It didn't seem to help you convert everyone to Ron Paul's cause before, during or after the primaries. So do you really think it's gonna work for Biden? :supergrin:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  17. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    I thought this was a good analysis, and agree as well. It's not as clear cut as the last debate (Romney / Obama), as to who the victor was.

I think Biden came off as despicable. It not only appeared that the thought he knew better / was above Ryan, but when he talked directly into the audience, felt I know better than you.

One more thing, Biden talks about using the credit card to fund two wars. Didn't have vote for both of them? If so, would had been nice if Ryan had and used that information. :dunno:

18. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    More on Joe Biden's "win". :rofl:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCtemaHgjyA"]Laughing at the Issues - YouTube[/ame]

19. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Timid? No.

Tolerant of foolish, rude, insensitive, juvenile behavior? Yes.

And then there was Raddatz. CNN described her well:
    This was a tag team debate, only Paul Ryan wasn't allowed a partner.

20. Rabid Rabbit

Rabid Rabbit

Nov 22, 2004