close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Who the hell copied who!?!?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by RYT 2BER, May 20, 2012.

1. paulbow

paulbow

Jan 27, 2009
    Omaha, Nebraska
    I'm pretty sure they both copied someone else. I don't recall who came up with the concept originally.

2. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan

And out comes the grammar nazi.:whistling:

3. GlockFish

GlockFish Floyd

Feb 22, 2002
    The way it operates looks a lot different than the KSG.
    The more guns the merrier.

4. Boats

Boats Not Assimilated

Dec 22, 2002
    Somewhere in Oregon
    Hey, if people want to run around looking illiterate that's their business.

But really, thanks for taking a moment to champion the further degradation of the English language amigo.

5. MrMurphy

MrMurphy ********* Moderator Moderator Millennium Member Lifetime Member

Jan 16, 2001
    Buried in the X-files
    If anything it's a modification of the Neostead, which, 10-15 years ago, pioneered the overhead twin magazine.

The Neostead pumped "backwards" (you pumped forward first), and ejected downward. This one ejects to the side, but uses a magazine somewhat like the Neostead's except it doesn't pop up to load at the breech end, it has loading gates.

6. 8-Ball

8-Ball Old SoulSoul

Aug 30, 2004
    Illinois
    :goodpost::goodpost::goodpost:

7. crashwg

crashwg

Dec 9, 2011
    North East
    Looked like it had a little trouble ejecting at 2:20.

8. Novocaine

Novocaine

Jun 10, 2004
    Side ejection on bullpup. Nice. Love to see the video of this guy switching hands.

They both stem from the same South African concept but bottom ejection is enough to make KSG a clear winner in my book.

Question is did KSG make such an impact as to warrant the expense of building copycat?

9. WarEagle32

WarEagle32

Mar 15, 2011
    Alabama
    Is it kel tec and diamondback or maybe the LCP!

10. brisk21

brisk21

May 13, 2008
    Michigan

Wow. This is an internet gun forum. Not a college term paper. Nobody cares about proper sentance structure and double spacing.

Anyway, I like the layout of the Kel-Tec better. I like the magazine tubes under the barrel, not over it.

11. JordanK

JordanK

May 12, 2012
    El Paso, TX
    For the record, who is a subjective pronoun and whom is an objective pronoun... so the thread would in fact be correctly entitled "Who the hell copied whom?" The trick I use is to replace who/whom with he/him in the simplified sentence. For example, he copied him. Where "he" or "she" makes sense, who is appropriate. Where "him" or "her" seems correct... whom is likely appropriate.

On the other hand, I'm with Will Safire on the subject. Best to just construct all of your sentences in such a way as not to run into the problem. That way you can keep a big block of memory available for more important things (baseball stats... gun trivia... the actual lyrics to heart shaped box... seriously, basically everything is more important). If it makes any of you feel any better, "whom" is widely thought to be on it's way out of the language... so in a generation or two it won't be a problem. For the best, the only thing more prone to hypercorrection (sometimes incorrect hypercorrection) is the use of "because" to start a sentence. It's allowed, no matter what your 9th grade English teacher said... it's a subordinating conjunction dammit, why wouldn't you be able to begin a sentence with it!?! :steamed:

I uh... was an English major during my first try at college... this stuff came up a lot...

More to the point, the kel-tec looks pretty different. I think they were probably both developed based on the same parent model rather than copied from one or the other. Without ever having had the opportunity to hold either, I believe I'd prefer the kel-tec.

12. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Apr 7, 2011
    Arlington, VA.
    Sure we do, or there wouldn't be people correcting others.

Whether you agree or not, spelling, punctuation, grammar and the rest, are important. It's far better to learn your lessons and be corrected here, on G.T., rather than at work, where you will make yourself look unprofessional and uneducated.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  13. OR we could ignore the fact that people make mistakes, and get back on topic.

14. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011

Heaven forbid we do that.:rofl:

15. Dexters

Dexters

May 3, 2004
    ga

On first?

16. Reminded me of the H&K G11 when I first saw it. It's made in Turkey, apparently--it's interesting that they didn't mention that in the video. I'd like to try one if the price isn't crazy.