close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Who should get the dog?

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Aug 17, 2012.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
  2. RDW

RDW BTDT

Mar 12, 2003
    PRK
    ANYONE who wants a "BEST FRIEND," and takes care of it PROPERLY!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2012

3. Brucev

Brucev

Jul 19, 2009
    The owner. Emotion, etc. is irrelevant.

4. Fishawk

Fishawk Fishawk

Jan 5, 2012
    SW Washinton
    He should not get the dog back . They should take him to the top and cut his feet and walk off and leave him the dirt bag.

5. okie

okie GT Mayor

Oct 28, 2001
    Muskogee Ok.
    He left the dog to die though, I don't think he should get it back:supergrin:

6. SC Tiger

SC Tiger EL GATO!

Aug 27, 2011
    South Carolina
    It sounds like he could not bring the dog down (and she couldn't walk down due to injuries) and wanted the local Search and Rescue to get the dog but weather prevented it. Point being I don't think he meant to just say "F you dog" and leave it to die.

On the other hand, in 8 days I believe I could have figured out a way to get up there to get the dog. I sure would not have slept until I did.

Personally, if I come down the dog is coming with me one way or the other. Of course I'm a stubborn SOB who loves animals more than most people.

I don't think he should get the dog back. Hopefully if he does she will bite him in the wedding vegetables.

7. aquanomics

aquanomics

Jan 6, 2007
    Lost Wages, NV
    Years ago, my GoldDog's paws iced up badly. After she failed I chewed the ice off her paws so we could get back ti the car. We were not at 14,000 feet, but we were "out there" a ways.

8. They should leave the loser in the mountains for a few days. Maybe he'll get lucky like the dog and someone will rescue him. :steamed:

I'd fine his ass for abandoning the dog and let one of the rescuers take the dog.

9. Yes, an animal abuser should get his dog back. :upeyes:

10. cyphertext

cyphertext

Jan 6, 2004
    Dallas
    I don't think he left her to be hateful, or meant to be abusive. She was injured and he had to come down due to weather and couldn't bring her down himself. The authorities said a rescue was too risky. Another hiker saw the dog and he also could not bring her down.

I think he should get his dog back, but he owes for the vet bills and for the rescue.

11. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

Feb 3, 2009
    Illinois
    The rescuers should keep the dog, no question. The original owner has no business owning a pet, in my world. If the "rescuers" organized after hearing the story, he could have done the same.

12. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    a- blanking- men!

13. Fishawk

Fishawk Fishawk

Jan 5, 2012
    SW Washinton
    No he left the dog his buddy on purpose and had no thought to go back for him.
    If my dog was hurt i would not leave him there it might mean that i would have to stay over night to protect the dog

I doubt if the dog would have let that idiot if he were hurt.

14. skinny99

skinny99 Crew Chief

Oct 30, 2011
    Deltona,FL
    Not the original owner. Even if he had to leave the dog, he should have been the first one up there getting his dog. Not waiting for strangers to go get it for him. That dog is your responsibility. Like being a parent, not everyone is qualified.

However I would not put the dog's life ahead of mine. In a life or death situation, it is still an animal, no matter how much you may care for it.

15. Jack_Pine

Jack_Pine CLM

Feb 3, 2009
    Illinois
    "I doubt if the dog would have let that idiot if he were hurt."

Well said.

16. cyphertext

cyphertext

Jan 6, 2004
    Dallas
    That is the part I question...why wasn't he back up there when the weather cleared.

I can understand that weather came in and he was not prepared to stay on the mountain. If he didn't have food, water, and shelter and no ability to find these things, he had no choice to come down. His own life must be put ahead of the dog. My dog weighs 100 pounds and I would not be able to bring him down on my own if he was injured, but I would have been leading the charge to get him back.

17. And yet the owner couldn't be bothered to go with the volunteer rescue team when the time came. Some owner.

18. Exactly. He should have been the guy organizing a rescue. And it speaks volumes that he wasn't in the group that went to get her.