Glock Talk banner

Who sells star wrenches for Benchmades?

4K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  tall terry 
#1 ·
My wife bought me a Griptilian last month for my birthday. Now I'm a lefty so I want to switch the clip to the other side. Only problem is Benchmade uses these teeny tiny star wrench screws to attach their clips...and NO ONE has wrenches that small around here.

I've checked Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Sears, etc...no luck.

So where do I find one small enough for these damn screws!?!

Does Benchmade sell them?

Thanks!

-Emt1581

#3 ·
http://www.wihatools.com/

They use Torx fasteners. I got a little kit with a variety of torx bit sizes and one driver in a carry package. I'm not seeing that kit on the website right now, let me look a little more.
Thanks!

I mean if anyone has one...I'll pay shipping both ways just to borrow it. All I need to do is switch the clip from one side to the other.

Thanks again!

-Emt1581

#8 · (Edited)
That's the one place I haven't tried around here. But they had one tiny enough for the Benchmade clip??

Thanks!

-Emt1581
Yes. In fact, I bought mine specifically to tighten the Torx screws on my Benchmade knives. Mine is small, with the bits stored in the handle. Has four double-ended drivers that fit in the end of it. Here's a link:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_239384-16878-60272_0_?productId=1067905&Ntt=torx%20driver&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=torx%20driver

#17 ·
Try your local Sears. That's where I got the little Torx wrench to do the same thing to my CRKTs. Was like $3 IIRC.
I have purchased a variety of Torx from Sears also.

#18 ·
The size you're looking for is T6, your local Ace would carry it also..

Make sure you buy one with the super small bits, a lot of them stop at T8.

I think we've all been in your shoes.. frustrating for sure.. you think they'd send like an allen type wrench with the torx design with every knife..

#20 ·
I had the same problem. Found one at Home Depot made by General. It came with a ton of bits and a zipper case for about $15 give or take. Worked on my Grip perfectly.

#21 ·
Hey emt,

Don't know if you've rectified this yet or not. But I'd get ahold of Benchmade. I have had CRKT and Kershaw both send me free wrenches and screws for their knives. I would think that as good as BM is supposed to be that they would do the same......

Good luck,

-Greg

#22 ·
Hey emt,

Don't know if you've rectified this yet or not. But I'd get ahold of Benchmade. I have had CRKT and Kershaw both send me free wrenches and screws for their knives. I would think that as good as BM is supposed to be that they would do the same......

Good luck,

-Greg
I was thinking about that. But if they truely just give them away I'd think they would include them with the knife...no?

I guess there's only one way to find out!

Thanks!

-Emt1581

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.