close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Who Mexican carries their snub?

Discussion in 'The Snubbie Club' started by REA9mm, May 7, 2010.

1. badge4436

badge4436

Jul 13, 2005
    Cucamonga, CA
    I carry a snub often the same way, except use an Uncle Mike's size 3 pocket holster. Very fast on the draw and the holster stays put in the waistband.

2. IANative

IANative

Oct 9, 2006
    Midwest
    I have several Clip draws on Pistols and Snubs. I haven't had to remove them for holsters either, if I watch what I buy.

But most of the time I just stuff my tool in my trousers and go.:faint:

One must be careful as there is a lot of negativity toward "Clipdraws" round these parts... Mostly by those who have never used them.:whistling::upeyes:[/QUOTE]

Pics of said revolvers w/ clip draws, please?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010

3. JK-linux

JK-linux

Mar 5, 2009
    I have a WRB brand IWB holster and pocket holster. Both work great. Mexican carry always ends up sliding down the inside of my pants and coming to a rest on the top of the toe of my shoe. A good way to get some air if you plan to punt your pistol at an assailant!

4. Photoman642

Photoman642

Jul 22, 2010
    I use a Kramer IWB Clip for appendix carry a lot. Doesn't realy add any bulk and the gun stays put.

5. Vito

Vito

Mar 9, 2004
    Northwestern Illinois
    I often carry a 642, usually in a Remora holster. I can either slip it into my right front pocket of my jeans, or shorts, or tucked in my belt for IWB. The nice thing with the Remora is that it stays put even without a clip or belt loop. When I do carry it in my belt, I usually appendix carry. You could also consider a Sneaky Pete but it is rather large for a j-frame snubbie. It looks like a dead giveaway that you are carrying, but for the few times I used it, NOT ONE PERSON has ever commented or asked me about this black "PDA looking holder" on my belt.

6. Chup

Chup

Feb 11, 2008
    N. Ohio
    I carry a 442 in the of hand front pocket and a variety of other snubs AIWB. As for the Sneaky Peat, with all the stuff people carry on the belt, I don't see people questioning it. I would just have answers prepared if asked.

7. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    Just posted this on on the "New 442" post a bit ago.

Picked up a DeSantis Clip Grip for S&W J-Frame from Amazon, under $24, easy to put on the pistol.

Works great with jeans, sweats... in my waistband, with the grip haning out of my pocket... We are becoming very good friends, and still have my boys in good shape...

What's not to like?

Looked at the ClipDraw, didn't like how it attached to the snubby, so hunted down the "replace the grip" solution instead.

8. Vito

Vito

Mar 9, 2004
    Northwestern Illinois
    I can't tell from the picture; does this go on the grip or replace the grip? I have a Crimson Trace laser grip on my 642 and would not want to give up the laser.

9. Lt Scott 14

Lt Scott 14

Mar 14, 2006
    N.W. Indiana
    I second the DeSantis Grip Draw. Very easy to use in summer with cargo shorts. Also have the original Barami Hip grip, lost the nut off the handle. (in parts box now.) Same design/purpose.

Have bunch of holsters, Bianchi makes a Professional Model in leather(clip on) with a sweat shield used often. When my 442 has the DeSantis Grip, can still be carried in the IWB Bianchi rig.
    Other option is a Pachmayr Concealed grip. Mexican carry up till the rubber grips hit the belt or waistband.

Only issue is the use of walking shorts(no belt). The waist string gets a little hinky with Mexican carry. My carry is like 3:30-4:00 position. Don't dig the appendix thing for obvious reason, and getting up or down, moves the gun around.
    Good luck on your choice to or not.

10. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

Jun 11, 2002
    New Mexico & Michigan
    I sometimes mexican carry my 642. My pocket carry gun is a 638 with Boot grips and my 642 wears Pachmayr Compacs. I carry the 642 at 4:00 with the butt forward and the belt riding between the grips and the cylinder. Years ago as a rookie cop with little money and a lousey selection of holsters I carried my bobbed M-60 the same way. Never lost it, never came loose.

11. Vito

Vito

Mar 9, 2004
    Northwestern Illinois
    Does it count as Mexican carry if in a Remora holster stuck into the waistband?

12. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

Jun 11, 2002
    New Mexico & Michigan
    My opinion, No. Mexican carry is basically shoving it in your waistband with no holster.

13. refugeepj

refugeepj

Jan 31, 2015
    northern Indiana
    even though I am very old, I would still be willing to carry Selena Gomez that way.

try a better holster. there are a lot of them that are damn comfy!

14. Vito

Vito

Mar 9, 2004
    Northwestern Illinois
    I've been tempted to just pocket carry without a holster, especially when I own several good holsters then I add a laser and now the gun doesn't fit into any of them. Until I get yet another holster I might consider Mexican carry, but not too seriously.