Who manages your CWPs?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by John Rambo, Jul 1, 2013.

1. John Rambo

John Rambo Raven

Obviously, this doesn't apply to Constitutional Carry states. But I was wondering who manages everyones' CWPs.

In Florida, its the Department of Agriculture. I'm fully aware that this makes us sound like a bunch of po-dunk farmers getting licensed to run around shooting Yotes and feral cats. But, indeed, I just went down to the Dept of Ag today and got my CWP renewed. Left me wondering what the skinny is on everyone else's CWPs.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    $1.5 million to help process new CWPs The Okie Corral Mar 5, 2014
    Carry Law that would force states to recognize each others CWPs up for vote Carry Issues Nov 13, 2011

3. void *

void * Dereference Me!

In Texas-> Department of Public Safety, Regulatory Services Division

4. In Utah its the BCI, or Bureau of Criminal Identification.

Just another day in paradise.
  5. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Sure it does. I still have an AZ license even though it is a CC state. Arizona Department of Public Safety aka the State Police manage ours.
  6. GeorgiaGlocker

GeorgiaGlocker Incirlik AB

In Georgia it's the Probate Court of each county.
  7. In Ohio, they are issued by the Sheriff's dept in the county you live in or an adjoining county.
  8. VA the county court.

posted from my stupid smart phone, please excuse any spelling mistakes.
  9. This for my Utah non resident permit as far as my resident Vermont permit our state Constitution enumerates our God given rights. SJ 40
  10. In Alabama it is through the sheriffs department.

25 bucks/yr in Morgan county and 7.50/yr in Jefferson county.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  11. County Sheriff here in ID.:supergrin:
  12. The odder thing is FDACS does other licenses as well. Private Investigator, Recovery, Security, Armed Security, and the accompanying business and school licenses.
  13. Sheriff's dept...and its a LTCF here
    #12 JabbaNoBother, Jul 2, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2013
  14. In Michigan, our Concealed Pistol Licenses are issued by concealed weapon licensing boards aka gun boards. Each county has a board that issues the licenses. It is comprised of the county prosecutor, Sheriff, and a member of the state police.
  15. In Kansas it is the Attorney General's Office.
  16. SLED- South Carolina Law Enforcement Division.

17. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

In Pennsylvania the sheriff of the county in which you live is the one who issues a license to carry.
  18. TBO

TBO Why so serious?

Minnesota = Sheriff's office
  19. LoadToadBoss

LoadToadBoss IYAAYWOT

Louisiana = Louisiana State Police, Concealed Handgun Permit Unit
    #18 LoadToadBoss, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
  20. WI --> Wisconsin Department of Justice, Division of Law Enforcement Services
  21. G-34

North Dakota- BCI. Bureau of Criminal Investigation, in the capitol city of Bismark.:wavey: