Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Who likes the Exeter Sig Sauer P226R ?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by ArmoryDoc, Feb 8, 2013.

1. moonwilson

Jan 22, 2013
    The T-handle tool is to remove the "enhanced ergo" one piece grip. You stick the "T" part up in the mag well and twist, and the grip pops off.
  2. grumpy1

Jun 20, 2012
    Nice P226 ArmyDoc - you will love it. Congrats!! :cool:

I think you are confusing SRT - short reset trigger with the short reach trigger. I know confusing as heck. The base models generally don't have the short reset trigger which is no big deal for me as none of my SIGs have it. The short reach trigger is just a skinnier trigger.
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013

3. grumpy1

Jun 20, 2012
    In my experience P226 mags are pretty cheap in normal times. I bought a bunch of the 18 round flush fit Mecgars for about $21 a piece and they normally run just a few bucks more than that. From here on out who knows what to expect.
  4. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    I bet. They are not as easy to come by as they used to be. People that have them are hanging onto them, and the few used ones I do see these days look like they have been drug down the highway behind a truck.
  5. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

Feb 28, 2001

The X-5 L1 is one of the very most accurate auto loaders made partly because of the world class trigger and partly because of the almost non-existent recoil. You can tell even by dry firing that the thing is going to hit what you're aiming at because the trigger is so smooth.
  6. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    I love mine. No problems to speak of with it and that's with over 1,500 rounds down range with my newest one. I have many thousands of rounds through them all over the years with no major issues.

Exeter Sigs are as good and in many ways better than the German produced Sigs.
  7. My stainless Sig says "Frame made in Germany" which I guess means balance made in Exeter.
    My MK25 is 100% USA made.
    Both are great, excellent fit and finish.
  8. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

Mar 17, 2008
    Great choice. Congratulations. :thumbsup:
  9. ArmoryDoc

May 14, 2006
    Thanks for the replies guys. Nice hand cannons jimbo. ;)
  10. series1811

series1811 Enforcerator. CLM

It took me a little while to figure it out when I got mine. At first I thought it was a cleaning rod of some sort, then I though maybe it was to hold the thing open for display. I almost threw it away before I started to take the grips off one day and noticed that the screws I assumed were covered with plugs, just weren't there. :supergrin:
  11. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Consider how SIG America screwed up their rifles line and putting out Colt clones like the M1911 style and now the P238 style...I think that I will put my trust in the Swiss and the Germans.

I'll leave the checker plate/FDE/Earthtone/Zombie/Rainbow American guns to those who are more avant garde than me. I like my Teutonic guns made by the Teutons.
  12. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    For those who think that the American shop came out with the solid SS slide design, think again. The machined SS slide design came from the Sport and ST series, which were introduced on SIGs that were made in Germany.