close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who likes Patsy Cline music?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by ithaca_deerslayer, Jun 22, 2012.

1. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

If anyone is looking for some music to listen to, and hasn't yet discovered Patsy Cline, I highly suggest this cd, "The Patsy Cline Story"
    [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Patsy-Cline-Story/dp/B000002O0U"]Amazon.com: Patsy Cline Story: Patsy Cline: Music@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41GTVP7R10L.@@AMEPARAM@@41GTVP7R10L[/ame]

I grew up on late 60s and 70s rock. Crappy 80s rock. Little better 90s rock. Then some 00s whatever music. And now more open minded to 70s Johnny Cash country, and apparently now willing to go back into the 50s and 60s country with Patsy Cline.

To me, other than "Crazy" which I had heard either in commericals or movies, it is all new to me. I couldn't stand adults listening to country music when I was a kid. I couldn't wait to get out of the car and away from them, and back to rock LP records in my room. So my memory has a lot of late 60s and 70s country, and I can listen to and like lot of it now (but didn't want to as a kid). But I hadn't ever heard too much country made before the mid 60s.

I've heard and still don't like lots of the rock made before the late 60s. All the early Beatles and the "Happy Days" rock music is over played in my head, and I don't particulary like that stuff. But the older country music is fresh.

Anyhow, regardless of genre and era, I do love a good female singing voice. And Patsy Cline has that :)

2. mymini40

mymini40

3. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Patsy Cline, Loretta Lynne, George Jones, Tammy Wynette, Kitty Wells. Welcome to really heartfelt music.

Yeah, George belongs there, same type of song, just an octave and a half lower.

4. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Other than "Crazy" (which I believe was written by Willie Nelson - I know he did the 'original'), I never listened to Patsy Cline, very much.

Then, the movie about her life (sorry. . . don't remember the name - braincramps!), I really started listening to her.

:thumbsup: Patsy Cline :thumbsup:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsRNCvHXHHU"]Patsy Cline-Walkin' After Midnight - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuZTk1hdpMs"]Patsy Cline -- I Fall To Pieces - YouTube[/ame]

ETA: "Sweet Dreams". I THINK that's the name of the movie. :dunno:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  5. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

6. DScottHewitt

DScottHewitt EMT-B

+87

Love Patsy Cline songs.

I really liked the episode of "Space: Above & Beyond" on Fox in the 1990s that used several of her songs......

7. 2-8 Marine

2-8 Marine Limp Member

I love most of Patsy Cline's music but "If You've Got Leavin' On Your Mind" really curls my toes. I also love most of Brenda Lee's songs and my favorite all time singer was Roy Orbison. The "Big O" was the very best.

8. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

I like Marilyn Manson and Patsy Cline. Slipknot and Billie Holiday. I should seek some professional help.

9. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Add Parliament, Black Sabbath, Aretha, Weird Al, Grand Funk, Queen and Johnny Cash and you've got a goodly chunk of my mp3 collection.

I'm waiting to see my player implode

10. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

We're nothing if not eclectic....

The really scary thing is that I have some Bone Thugs & Harmony, Snoop Dog, and Run DMC in my collection as well - right next to the Sex Pistols and Count Basie

11. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

Judas Priest, 70s, Dion DiMucci's blues, "classical", Pink Floyd, Celtic/Scottish folk/Gaelic, Kansas, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, Gary Moore.

12. GLWyandotte

GLWyandotte Señor Member

If my wife's ever mad at me, I grab a guitar and play some Patsy. She has a wonderful voice and is singing before she knows it, smoothing over any iniquities I may have committed.

13. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Who with great taste in music wouldn't like Patsy Cline?

Her voice was soul wrenching.

14. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer

I cannot stand rap. The only rap song I like is the one by Blondie.

Big band, now there's a challenge. That was on when I was a kid, too. So I tried to get away from it, get away from whatever my parents listened to. But some of the snappy stuff is pretty good. Other stuff, too slow, like paint drying, is tough to listen to. Sort of like classical music, too.

But Patsy Cline, I can indeed listen to her slow stuff. She just sings so well. I read that she had "perfect pitch".

15. Golddog

Golddog

One of the top two or three greatest female country singers of all time. Fortunately, she was able to rise above the disgusting, generic pop-swill arrangements foisted on her by producer Owen Bradley, who, along with Chet Atkins and a few others of zero artistic taste, essentially destroyed real country music for a decade or two, until Waylon, Willie, Tompall, and Gary Stewart hit back.

16. gwalchmai

gwalchmai Lucky Member

There's just no one who can touch her. I hang on every line.

17. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Crazy thing is, I can't stand Rap either.

Basie had some soul in his music. Dig this 1938 song, 'Dark Rapture.' Another great female singer, Helen Hume, adds her voice.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oA-b_gbuJqY"]DARK RAPTURE by Count Basie with Helen Humes 1938 - YouTube[/ame]

18. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Patsy Cline?

Who's Patsy Cline?

19. bsg1

bsg1

i've got several of her LPs on vinyl.

20. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

Love her music and I'm a hard core rocker.