close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

who like to use 3" magnums ???

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by jaxxx, Jan 6, 2010.

1. jaxxx

jaxxx

Jan 3, 2006
    put a few nitro 3" magnums through my mossberg 500 today, pretty strong load:)

2. glocknloaded

glocknloaded

Nov 22, 2009
    keep a few boxes of 3''magnum 00 buck on hand for my rem 870

3. i use them for turkey hunting but they are a bit tough to be letting my wife defend herself with. i actually shot a round of clays with 3" #4 shotshells back when i was younger. not sure i could do that today without hurting quite a bit.

4. krab

krab CLM

Sep 29, 2008
    Las Vegas
    When I feel masochistic I'll go to the range and shoot 50 of these bad boys.

12 Gauge Remington Buckhammer, 3", 1-3/8 oz. Lead Slugs. :wow:

5. jaxxx

jaxxx

Jan 3, 2006
    I was amazed with that amount of flash I got out of the barrel when I switched, makes the 7 1/2 shot federals feel real light after, think the mossberg 500 can handle firing these 3" magnums???

6. They are fun to shoot. Probably not the best for HD however. I like the Winchester Super X variety.

7. Faulkner

Faulkner Patriot Millennium Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Arkansas Ozarks
    I've used 3 inch sabot slugs to take a couple of whitetail deer with my 590, and I use 3 inch turkey loads for turkey hunting with an external Xtra full choke tube.

8. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Apr 13, 2006
    Southern Maryland
    This.

Other than the price (after rebates) I have NO IDEA as to why I bought an 870 SuperMag!!!!

I mean, it was less than $150.00 (after all rebates), but, I have no intention of shooting 3-1/2" magnums.:wow:
    Oh, and it's never been taken out of the box!

My 1100 Magnum w/ the old 3" (1-7/8 oz.) #2 copperplate loads weren't too bad.

9. i keep thinking the same thing. my mossberg 535 is a 3.5" and i was told it would interchange barrels with the 500 but that was wrong. oh well. i figure if its built for 3.5" shells, it should handle a steady diet of 3"