close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Who is buying the Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'The Players Club' started by mossy500camo, Nov 22, 2005.

1. mossy500camo

mossy500camo
    Expand Collapse
    ammo found

2. MNNICK21

MNNICK21
    Expand Collapse

I will, the second there is a killer game. So maybe in 6 months.

3. gh0st614

gh0st614
    Expand Collapse

Perfect Dark ?!

Ghost Recon is only 3 months away and there are gonna be plenty of other good titles first quarter of next year.

4. Jtemple

Jtemple
    Expand Collapse
    Geek

I can't afford it. I'll get one when the price comes down.

5. kswiss2783

kswiss2783
    Expand Collapse

preordered mine from gamestop and will be getting it around mid december they said

6. jason10mm

jason10mm
    Expand Collapse
    NRA-GOA-TSRA

I got a core system from walmart after waiting 2 hours. My broter in law scored a core AND a premium system just by driving around at night and waiting at the right ToysRus. So it wasn't impossible to get for the dedicated folks. It will be interesting to see how more get delivered and if it is a waiting game each time. I just wish M$ had made more accessories, those wireless controllers and hard drives are impossible to get.

7. git_r_dun0405

git_r_dun0405
    Expand Collapse
    5FDP

I know thats right! Wooooooo!!!!!!;P What happen to the $299 - $399 price tags? No store has them in stock. Ebay lowest price that I have seen was $585. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;P

8. gh0st614

gh0st614
    Expand Collapse

my friend sold his bundle for $1200 on ebay

9. Nicky D

Nicky D
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Same here, just waiting & waiting & waiting.......

10. Keoking

Keoking
    Expand Collapse

On opening night, my buddy drove between 2 Targets, 2 Walmarts, a Sears, a Best Buy, and a Toys-R-Us, and was always 2-3 back in line from the number of Xboxes that the store had. Needless to say he didn't get one. Every place he want also had 4 times as many core systems as deluxe. He things it is a Microsoft scam to force people into getting the core systems, so that they have to spend >$150 adding everything they need to jack it up to the deluxe. The funny thing is that he pre-ordered an extra wirelass handle and some other bits and pieces, and those are ready for him to pick up.

11. aglocker1911

aglocker1911
    Expand Collapse
    can't re-MEMBER

Although I would like to have a 360, my Xbox works just fine and there are a lot of really good playing, great looking games that just came out, and are still coming out for it. I would NEVER even consider paying more than retail just to get one now, let alone some of the price people are reportedly paying. There's even been a few reports already of people having problems with their new system locking up or crashing. There's even a guy advertising one in the want ads section of this forum wanting to trade for a high end 1911 or AR15. If anybody wants one bad enough to trade $1000 or better worth of guns to get a $400-500 game system, I'll tell you flat out - You are nuts! In another month, two at the most, you'll find them sitting on the shelves, and the stores will want to sell them so bad they won't even try to jack you for a bundle anymore. It happened a couple of years back with the original Xbox, it'll happen that way now.

12. gh0st614

gh0st614
    Expand Collapse

Well most stores wont be finishing fulfilling their preorders til Febuary so maybe they will be sitting on shelves by March. Who knows...but if you guys do want one or need to get one for the kids for christmas Best Buy is the only retailer that is gonna be getting systems dead dropped every week until Christmas. Local best buy told me anywhere from 2-50 systems.

All the Best Buys in my area had 40 premium systems and 12 cores, Walmart had more cores than premiums because Sams Club got all their premiums :p

13. pitbull1

pitbull1
    Expand Collapse

dude, you have to get perfect dark zero... that game right there will please you for awhile trust me i have been only playing that game for like 8 days streight

14. gh0st614

gh0st614
    Expand Collapse

been playing alot of need for speed most wanted too, so much fun.

15. RyanSBHF

RyanSBHF
    Expand Collapse

I'll probably get one when the price drops.

16. JMF30

JMF30
    Expand Collapse

Well I wasn't going to get a 360 until I first purchased an HDTV, but my xbox1's dvd drive died last month (perhaps a planned hardware failure triggered by the release to manufacturing (RTM) of the xbox360 ;) )... so I'll probably buy a 360 in the first half of 2006.

17. Noir

Noir
    Expand Collapse

Called Wal-Mart the night of the release(I live in the sticks...WM only store in a reasonable drive that would carry the 360), they said they had 40 units (30 Premium, 10 Core)which they would sell at midnight. I asked if they were people in line, they said yes. I hopped in my car 2 hours before midnight. Waited to find out I was 32nd in line so i bought a core system and two games.

Christmas presents likely will be a hard drive or wireless controller. The wired controller works fine but the wireless would be handy. The 360 has a power on/off button on the controller which is very handy.

Although there have been reports of some problems, it appears if you have a disk in the 360 and move it, the disk will get damaged. The other big problem is not reading or following the set up directions. This unit and its power block can generate some heat. Not following the recommendations for moving or set up can be attributed for a number of the problems.

Most of the release games are decent to ok with a few stunners but the upcoming games scheduled in the next few months will be incredible. Those on Xbox Live have only good things to say.

18. epsylum

epsylum
    Expand Collapse
    Boolit Hoze

After going through 3 PS2s (all broke) and my brother and a lot of his friends going through 2-3 Xboxes (again broken) I have given up on consoles for now. I still have a Genesis and SNES that work fine, but PS2's and Xboxes seem to have issues not wanting to work for any longer than about 2 years. $400?? I'll buy another PC thank you. At least I can mod it without Microsoft taking me to court

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=28481

19. JMF30

JMF30
    Expand Collapse

Our PS2 has lasted about 2yrs so far. Every so often it won't recognize ps2 dvd's - but that's usually when it's been left on for a couple of days. Turning it off for a while has always fixed the problem.

20. kswiss2783

kswiss2783
    Expand Collapse

I've had my xbox and ps2 since they came out and neither has broken.